Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who is best Russian lady?

Custom Title
    Elena R is probably the best. Although Julia is a better jumper, Elena is a better all around performer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Elena R is probably the best. Although Julia is a better jumper, Elena is a better all around performer.
    Personally, I enjoy Radionova's skating more. It's not as refined as the others, however, she actually projects her performance, has the hardest jumps, and is exciting to watch. She's my favourite, but I wouldn't consider her the best.

Julia's spins are what do it for me. I'm glad she'll likely go to Sochi, because the world needs to see those surreal spins!

Custom Title
    I like Julia for her super-spins. They make her stand out. Elena starts to grow on me :-) She really is a joy to watch. I don't like her shoulders but she'll learn how to relax them, if that's the right word
    Adelina just uuugh! I think she has the same problem as Gracie, but in bigger sizes: nerves..
    Liza never was my favourite girl but this years lp is 1 of the best imo. Her passion is contagious))))))
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut Julia is the best now! I think she has the highest chance to go to Sochi

Banned
    you mean seniors or juniors ?

overall the X factor Julia has it, she doesn't need to make unsual choreography or overemoted poses to draw people in
    she has unique style and audience almost always give her standing ovations for her clean skates
    Radionova is a good jumper but she is too hyper for me. Sotnikova has inconsistent nerves and bad jump techniques with good projection on the ice. Liza is ok but she needs drastic measure to overcome her weight problems or else her career is heading the Rachael Flatts. Pogorilaya atm is like a better and more consistent Shelepen 2.0

the youngre skaters, I like Sotskova but my concern is she will grow too tall like Polina K.
    I am beginning to like Proklova

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Personally, I enjoy Radionova's skating more. It's not as refined as the others, however, she actually projects her performance, has the hardest jumps, and is exciting to watch.
    This.

I think she could be the best but her small size and lack of maturity/presence is what's holding her back right now. If I had to pick someone to watch, it'd be Elena b/c I thoroughly enjoy watching her. She radiates happiness and joy when she skates unlike any other Russian lady. You can see/feel how much she loves what she's doing when she's on the ice. It's just a bonus that she has great jumps, skating skills, spins, consistency and focus. She's the total package. All she needs is some time to grow.

Oh great puberty monster, please oh please be kind to my little Elena!

Custom Title
    Right now, Evgenia Medvedeva.

Tripping on the Podium
    Yulia

Custom Title
    Eligible for Sochi no doubt Lipnitskaia.

Custom Title
    I like them all. There is no doubt that they all have a great amount of talent. In my view the best is currently Julia Lipnitskaya, but it can change from year to year. I also like the three youngsters from juniors - Sakhanovich, Medvedeva and Proklova. Each has different strength and each of them has something else to be special.

I just noticed, in consistency the strongest ones are Lipnitskaya and Radionova, so in some sense they are rivals. (Both Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva have some consistency problems, but Lipnitskaya and Radionova seem to always deliver.) Lipnitskaya's coach teaches Medvedeva, Radionova's coaches teaches Proklova. Medvedeva and Proklova were very strong rivals in junior circle this season.

Banned
    I just listened to Beatles song "Julia", it goes "Half of what I say is meaningless/ But I say it just to reach you, Julia/ Julia, Julia, ocean child calls me/ So I sing a song of love, Julia"

Now I don't care much for contemporary music, but it conjures to me Julia and how her skating can penetrate all of our defenses.

Custom Title
    To be honest after growth spurts and puberty most of these Russian girls won't get much farther in the sport then they are right now. Elena is all legs and those smallish jumps could disappear in a year or two when she shoots up 4 inches. As for Julie she's only 15 and will still probably grow taller and develop and how will that effect her jumps that are rather small also? I prefer to wait until these girls start looking like young ladies and not 12 before counting on them as the next Olympic champions. Just look at the hype over Liza and especially Adelina who was being called the next Olympic champion back in early 2011 when she dominated every competition she was in. Then the puberty monster showed up and they have both struggled since then.

Custom Title
    Russia pool is deep and wide. Elena is still a bit green for me, an imitator rather than someone who skate with unique voice within. For the last 2 years, I prefer Liza and Julia out of the lot, but Julia clearly has the superior program this season out of all Russia ladies. She is someone I personally think has the fire, and the modesty and humility for the long haul. Something about her frank interview tells me she is the far stronger sponge out of the lot and personally I am already interested to see what she will bring next year.

Custom Title
    Potentially Serafima Sakhanovich. Looks great, good presence and perhaps most importantly, seems to like really difficult programs, placing jumps at the end and does a lot of things to make them more difficult / get good GOE. This seems very mature to me considering her age, and is great to see already at the junior level. Proklova and Medvedeva are both really promising as well and I hope that Russia will have managed to obtain the third World Championship spot by 2015-2016.

For current competitors, Lipnitskaia is probably the best, even though her jumps are iffy. Radionova might need another year to mature a little... She is a natural performer but feels a bit childish still. Long legs also aren't that great for skating so the next few years will be very important.

Medalist
    Serafima Sakhanovich.

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouDoIsTalk View Post
    I just listened to Beatles song "Julia", it goes "Half of what I say is meaningless/ But I say it just to reach you, Julia/ Julia, Julia, ocean child calls me/ So I sing a song of love, Julia"

Now I don't care much for contemporary music, but it conjures to me Julia and how her skating can penetrate all of our defenses.
    I have never heard of this beatles song?????

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast