Who is best Russian lady? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who is best Russian lady?

hanca

Record Breaker
I like them all. There is no doubt that they all have a great amount of talent. In my view the best is currently Julia Lipnitskaya, but it can change from year to year. I also like the three youngsters from juniors - Sakhanovich, Medvedeva and Proklova. Each has different strength and each of them has something else to be special.

I just noticed, in consistency the strongest ones are Lipnitskaya and Radionova, so in some sense they are rivals. (Both Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva have some consistency problems, but Lipnitskaya and Radionova seem to always deliver.) Lipnitskaya's coach teaches Medvedeva, Radionova's coaches teaches Proklova. Medvedeva and Proklova were very strong rivals in junior circle this season.

AllYouDoIsTalk

Match Penalty
I just listened to Beatles song "Julia", it goes "Half of what I say is meaningless/ But I say it just to reach you, Julia/ Julia, Julia, ocean child calls me/ So I sing a song of love, Julia"

Now I don't care much for contemporary music, but it conjures to me Julia and how her skating can penetrate all of our defenses.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To be honest after growth spurts and puberty most of these Russian girls won't get much farther in the sport then they are right now. Elena is all legs and those smallish jumps could disappear in a year or two when she shoots up 4 inches. As for Julie she's only 15 and will still probably grow taller and develop and how will that effect her jumps that are rather small also? I prefer to wait until these girls start looking like young ladies and not 12 before counting on them as the next Olympic champions. Just look at the hype over Liza and especially Adelina who was being called the next Olympic champion back in early 2011 when she dominated every competition she was in. Then the puberty monster showed up and they have both struggled since then.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Russia pool is deep and wide. Elena is still a bit green for me, an imitator rather than someone who skate with unique voice within. For the last 2 years, I prefer Liza and Julia out of the lot, but Julia clearly has the superior program this season out of all Russia ladies. She is someone I personally think has the fire, and the modesty and humility for the long haul. Something about her frank interview tells me she is the far stronger sponge out of the lot and personally I am already interested to see what she will bring next year.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Potentially Serafima Sakhanovich. Looks great, good presence and perhaps most importantly, seems to like really difficult programs, placing jumps at the end and does a lot of things to make them more difficult / get good GOE. This seems very mature to me considering her age, and is great to see already at the junior level. Proklova and Medvedeva are both really promising as well and I hope that Russia will have managed to obtain the third World Championship spot by 2015-2016.

For current competitors, Lipnitskaia is probably the best, even though her jumps are iffy. Radionova might need another year to mature a little... She is a natural performer but feels a bit childish still. Long legs also aren't that great for skating so the next few years will be very important.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I just listened to Beatles song "Julia", it goes "Half of what I say is meaningless/ But I say it just to reach you, Julia/ Julia, Julia, ocean child calls me/ So I sing a song of love, Julia"

Now I don't care much for contemporary music, but it conjures to me Julia and how her skating can penetrate all of our defenses.
I have never heard of this beatles song?????:scratch:

Amei

Record Breaker
Julia Lipnitskaia: she is the most consistent at delivering a clean program and has the artistry with her skating. She has survived at least 1 round of puberty issues from the end of last season and she arguably has come back better. I don't see puberty affecting her as much as Elena Radionova, Julia's flexibility doesn't seem to be a result of her young size @ 2012 Jr. Worlds it was said she stretches like 45 minutes a day. She might not have the biggest jumps but they are easily the most reliable and consistent jumps.

Elena Radionova: she's fun to watch, but she's 14 and I want to see what she does after puberty

adelina sotnikova: She is too inconsistent and (don't know how much of this is her fault or her coach/costume designer but..) her costumes are inappropriate- that long program dress from Cup of China was ugh. I know much to do with skating ability, but figure skating is the whole package- the music, choreography, dress, and the skaters ability.

elizaveta tuktamysheva: from her skating hasn't progressed too much from the beginning of her senior career to now.

I have never heard of this beatles song?????:scratch:

I think it's from the White Album. It's John Lennon's song to his mother, who died when he was about eighteen. As you can imagine, her death was a terrible event that almost derailed John. I believe I once read that the line "Ocean child calls me" refers to Yoko Ono. I gather that one of many possible meanings for the name is something like "ocean child," though I'm sure it could be disputed.

It's not one of the Beatles' most immortal songs, but it has a dreamlike quality and is very heartfelt.

hanca

Record Breaker
elizaveta tuktamysheva: from her skating hasn't progressed too much from the beginning of her senior career to now.

Actually, I would say it went downhill. At the beginning of her senior career she was winning GP events and was much more consistent. That's what is missing now.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Radionova looks likea future female Plushenko, there's so much charisma and character to her skating, her unique style would acquire its own name. Yes, she's young, gangly, but there's no mistaking her striking presence,moves, expressions, and she'sonly 14!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
By far, Elena is the best performer of all of the Russian ladies. I'd put Adelina as second best performer, then Liza T, then Julia. Julia has improved since last year (thanks to some much more musical choreography) but she still doesn't bring the music to life for me. She doesn't project that well when she skates, but she's getting better. At this rate of improvement, by the time she hits 17 or 18 she should be very good at interpreting music and performing...I just think she's behind the other ladies right now.

But at this point, I'm thinking as long as Julia is healthy she is the 100% best choice for Sochi. If Elena were eligible, she'd be #2.

Adelina is an amazing skater (presence, skating skills, spins, lines, presentation, etc.) but her strategy for winning is very flawed. That 3F is a coin toss every time and yet she insists on using it in both programs and twice in the FS. It's very stupid and cost her the gold medal at COC. If she'd replace that second 3F with a 3L combo, she'd be in much better shape. Easier content done well scores better than a failed attempt at something harder. Cleaner skate = Higher PCS = greater chance at medaling/winning. I don't understand why she and her team don't get that...

Liza T is a great technician but you can tell her confidence is very low. She always looks tentative in the SP and then in the FS, when she's low in the standings, she finally fights back b/c she has nothing to lose. Liza has to find a way to bring that confidence to her SP. She lacks the presence, line, and wow! factor that some of the others have but she has great technique, difficult combinations and a real spark when she performs. She can make up what she lacks in PCS in TES. Liza just needs to believe in herself more.

Anna Pogorilaya is the darkhorse. She has the jumps and high level elements but lacks the polish of some of the others. She'll probably need others to make mistakes in order to win but as long as that focus and consistency remains, she'll always be a very dangerous threat and will put a lot of pressure on the other girls to perform.

Nationals are going to be brutal this year! :popcorn:

Amei

Record Breaker
Radionova looks likea future female Plushenko, there's so much charisma and character to her skating, her unique style would acquire its own name. Yes, she's young, gangly, but there's no mistaking her striking presence,moves, expressions, and she'sonly 14!

My hesitation with saying she is the best or in for heavy consideration, because she is 14, she hasn't gone a round of puberty. She may surprise me though, everyone was questioning what she we do once she grew- and she came back better.