Gracie Gold Apologizes for Racially Insensitive Tweet | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold Apologizes for Racially Insensitive Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Had just gotten her grades and was comparing with the other girls at the rink who had just gotten theirs like most kids do. Many of the kids at her old rink (where I skate) are very book smart and I suspect they were competing on # of A's in upper level classes like they do on # of triples landed.

Obviously the other girls are still in preschool, getting the first gold star for their coloring class. I have 2 gold stars, how many do you have? :)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Americans are so paranoid about political correctness. I don't think the tweet was a big deal.

Amen to that. People are so sensitive now i'm tired of the PC crowd trying to mute people's free speech. I guess i grew in in a time when we were not afraid to talk freely and didn't have the PC crowd all up in arms. We have raised a paranoid generation afraid to be themselves and will be called racists at a drop of the hat. A comedian like Don Rickles would never survive in this climate now.

cinnamon

On the Ice
Wow, people are still on this thread...
love Gracie, but the girl can talk... the last time Mr. Carroll corrected her comment smilingly ;)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
It's just a bad joke, but she made it worse by explaining herself, "sorry it's people are offended" "sorry you feel that way"
Not a smart girl, but she can jump.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Catching up on the GG controversy and IMO the Devil made her do it. Before I get flamed let me
apologize to any devil worshipers in this thread. (jk)

On a serious note I feel bad for Gracie because I truly believe there was no ill intention at all on her part.

BTW this thread is hilarious.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Geez... I have only been gone for a few hours and this is the most active thread? Lol... maybe congratulations are in order. Gracie managed to evoke more emotions in a tweet about a sandwich than 3 seasons worth of skating programs.

There's a lesson in that... (though I am still trying to figure out just what.)

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Catching up on the GG controversy and IMO the Devil made her do it. Before I get flamed let me apologize to any devil worshipers in this thread. (jk) On a serious note I feel bad for Gracie because I truly believe there was no ill intention at all on her part. BTW this thread is hilarious.

Demarinis5 you have made my night lol!

This thread is getting out of hand....

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Geez... I have only been gone for a few hours and this is the most active thread? Lol... maybe congratulations are in order. Gracie managed to evoke more emotions in a tweet about a sandwich than 3 seasons worth of skating programs.

There's a lesson in that... (though I am still trying to figure out just what.)

About half this thread was more about a pissing match about intelligence or lack thereof than it was about Gracie. Probably even more than that.

Barb

Record Breaker
I hope Gracie is not afraid of using twitter again, with the little media attention that figure skating get lately it is great that skaters can communicate theirs opinions, news and photos on twitter, in fact the only Mao`s picture of the banquet I have seen is precisly the photo that Gracie posted . And I hope the others figure skaters found out abut this and learn to be careful too.

louisa05

Final Flight
Had just gotten her grades and was comparing with the other girls at the rink who had just gotten theirs like most kids do. Many of the kids at her old rink (where I skate) are very book smart and I suspect they were competing on # of A's in upper level classes like they do on # of triples landed. :laugh:

1--That would be a report card, not a transcript.
2--Why were you looking at it?
3--Trust me as a former high school teacher, I can tell you that the ability to get A's and the ability to use common sense when opening your mouth or posting on social media are not always interrelated. Teenagers frequently act impulsively, both A students and D students, and do and say stupid things.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Lol, do you realize that this comment is not all that dissimilar to the one Gracie made? Negative stereotypes...

I've been a member of this board for over a decade, hating on the youth of the world is common... and folks wonder why younger people aren't more into figure skating. we aren't allowed to. :rolleye:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Haven't read this thread, why bother? But it does say something if this is the it thread right now. She is just a kid, no harm meant. She loves Mao. Mao probably laughed and wonders why the fuss. Much ado about nothing. We obviously need some interesting threads.

Barb

Record Breaker
Haven't read this thread, why bother? But it does say something if this is the it thread right now. She is just a kid, no harm meant. She loves Mao. Mao probably laughed and wonders why the fuss. Much ado about nothing. We obviously need some interesting threads.

And it looks like in Japan it was not important, I didn`t hear about some article in reference at this issue in Japan and we all know the famous that fs is in there, unlike when Yu-Na said Japanese skaters was obstructing her for example

guanchi

On the Ice
All can be forgiven if, during her next program, Julia draws a "GG" within the heart, and pulls through, to reach those who have sinned or regressed, that she can heal those souls by pulling away their transgressions and putting the burden upon herself.
You can do it Julia, you are the one...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
All can be forgiven if, during her next program, Julia draws a "GG" within the heart, and pulls through, to reach those who have sinned or regressed, that she can heal those souls by pulling away their transgressions and putting the burden upon herself.
You can do it Julia, you are the one...

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.