Kaetlyn Osmond withdraws from Rostelecom | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond withdraws from Rostelecom

hohoho

On the Ice
Yes, other nationals do have inflation, but the skaters didn't skate well enough to push them beyond 200. They were still scored higher than they would be scored internationally.

What is your problem with Osmond? What did she do to you that is making you resort to such attacks, like you're a 5-year old child whining on a playground?

I think the problem is Osmond beat sky_fly20's skater.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
i wonder if she will be competitive ready??? This really opens up the chances in Canada - to go to Olys for the ladies.

Even if she's not quite 100% by Nationals, I think that Skate Canada will do all they can to make sure a fully healthy Kaetlyn gets to the Olympics.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia and/or Gracie?

I like both :)

but they have nothing to do with Osmond
I have nothing against her but her national/home ice inflated scores are a joke
at SC there was no way she should even come close to Gracie's PCS even Julia's
she should get in mid 27+ PCS comparable to Tuks :)

with that, I dont like anyone getting injured that goes for Omond was well
that is why I am blaming her team for rushing her and hyping ? maybe they thought she would crush Julia, Akiko and Gracie ?
when they should have used it to heal her injury, the result another injury before CoR and she'll probably be outside of Top 10 in Olympics
if she gets to compete given little preparation/peaking time left, its not a home ice so no inflation will be given for Osmond

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What are you talking about, overhyping? You were the one saying that Osmond would medal no matter what, even if she fell. And the SP proved how false and inaccurate your predictions were.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
What are you talking about, overhyping? You were the one saying that Osmond would medal no matter what, even if she fell. And the SP proved how false and inaccurate your predictions were.

I was talking about home ice events like SC or 2013 Worlds

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You repeatedly said before SC2013 that Osmond would medal even if she fell, due to supposed home ice inflation. And then her SP placed her considerably out of medal position, thus proving you wrong.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You repeatedly said before SC2013 that Osmond would medal even if she fell, due to supposed home ice inflation. And then her SP placed her considerably out of medal position, thus proving you wrong.

she wasn't that far behind of a medal hunt either after the SP
she scored 60+ with a fall and 1 bad jump, still got a home ice inflation
her PCS should always be in 27+ like Tuktamisheva

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yes she was. She would have needed 126 points to get bronze. And her PB is 115. So based on what you said, if Osmond skated a free skate with multiple falls she would have gotten 126+ points with home ice inflation and medalled. Okay there.:rolleye:

Also, to suggest she deserves the same PCS as Tukt is completely disregarding how much better Osmond's artistry is. In the Nebelhorn 2012 FS (on non-Canadian ice) she got similar PCS as Sotnikova. And I'm sure you agree Sotnikova has much better PCS than Tuktamysheva.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yes she was. She would have needed 126 points to get bronze. And her PB is 115. So based on what you said, if Osmond skated a free skate with multiple falls she would have gotten 126+ points with home ice inflation and medalled. Okay there.:rolleye:

Also, to suggest she deserves the same PCS as Tukt is completely disregarding how much better Osmond's artistry is. In the Nebelhorn 2012 FS (on non-Canadian ice) she got similar PCS as Sotnikova. And I'm sure you agree Sotnikova has much better PCS than Tuktamysheva.

Osmond has better artistry with her PCS for hip swaying and mambo music ? :confused: thats as bad as Tuks flailing arms and tango music

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Osmond has better artistry with her PCS for hip swaying and mambo music ? :confused: thats as bad as Tuks flailing arms and tango music

If you look at the SC thread you'll see that most people appreciated and enjoyed it. And if that's all you see when it comes to Osmond's artistry, then there's no point discussing with you, since you are evidently just being a bitter hater.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I didn't agree with Osmond's win last year at SC, but I don't deny that the girl has some spunk and some of the best transitions in the business. I agree her Latin program was/is miles ahead's of Tuk's.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only negative feeling I have about this year's SP is that it seems like a retread of last year's SP. It's almost as if Kaetlyn is being typecast as a kind of coquettish sex kitten and this will be her image going forward. The image is continued on in the FS (Carmen, Cleopatra) as well. I hope that her programs next season go in a different direction.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The only negative feeling I have about this year's SP is that it seems like a retread of last year's SP. It's almost as if Kaetlyn is being typecast as a kind of coquettish sex kitten and this will be her image going forward. The image is continued on in the FS (Carmen, Cleopatra) as well. I hope that her programs next season go in a different direction.

I don't mind the coquettish, and I think it sets her program apart from the others. However, now her challenge is to make programs that set themselves apart from her previous programs. I think this year's program has the spirit of last year's program, in that it's fun and has spunk, and I honestly think it gives her energy allowing her to skate with speed and attack. Like, it would be kind of weird to see her try to skate something lyrical - I don't think she's at that point yet where she can pull that off, so she should continue to do what distinguishes herself and what she feels comfortable with. I can imagine in the next quad, she will diversify herself further.

rvi5

On the Ice
I think this year's program has the spirit of last year's program, in that it's fun and has spunk, and I honestly think it gives her energy allowing her to skate with speed and attack.
IIRC, she once mentioned something about the faster pace routine doesn't give her time to over think. She relies more on muscle memory. However, I would think keeping up that pace in a LP would be exhausting.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I was talking about home ice events like SC or 2013 Worlds

2013 Worlds!?! Osmond placed 8th there. She also would not have medalled even without her 2 falls, despite that the silver and bronze medalists both had falls/stumbles and numerous major errors.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
If you look at the SC thread you'll see that most people appreciated and enjoyed it. And if that's all you see when it comes to Osmond's artistry, then there's no point discussing with you, since you are evidently just being a bitter hater.

CanadianSkaterGuy do not try to reason with the unreasonable You will only end up with a blade stuck in your head and more blood and tears than a Johnny Weir reject costume.

emdee

Final Flight
She had one fall and scored 201. We all know sky_fly20 do not like Osmond. Her scores were no more inflated than any other nationaal competition worldwide.
Sky fly is anti Canadian. Also she cannot count. After all in both SC and TEB Chan had no falls yet
Sky fly is the source of very rude and obnoxious comments!