Kaetlyn Osmond withdraws from Rostelecom | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond withdraws from Rostelecom

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Good grief I show you the link and you beat me to post it here. Boogerhead! :laugh:

Very sad to see this and I'm worried that they aren't being truthful when it comes to how bad the injury is. I hope I'm wrong and that she kicks ice when it counts later this season!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
not surprised at all :rolleye:

her team is to blame for this rushing her for SC in turn aggravating her injury, they should have known she wasn't going to podium anyways with her injury.
should have withdrawn earlier at CoR too, now another ladies sub spot is wasted :disapp:

Robeye

Final Flight
It is a shame, but if Kaetlyn isn't fully healthy, it may be the right decision. Everyone (she and we) would be more despondent if she tried to grit through it and wound up missing Sochi.

Hope to see you at full strength soon, Kaetlyn. We miss your spark and vitality.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I really hope she comes back to full strength soon.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Good lord! They're dropping like flies!!

Best of luck to her. How long does she have to prepare for Canadian nationals? Is Amelie going to get that one spot to Sochi??

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Canada has two spots...

Oh...didn't they only have one spot at worlds last year?

I guess b/c Joannie medaled at the last Olympics, they have two this time? Is that correct? Or does every country get at least two? I'm always woefully ignorant of the way spots are determined...:slink:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Is there anyway Joannie Rochette can become eligible and skate for Canada??? LOL It is obvious too late. She would need to do an int'l event and she missed the regionals/sectionals too probably but her skate at the Japan Open would be the best Canada has. Canada has two spots which will go bye bye probably with Kaetlyn. How disappointing.

Coriana

On the Ice
KO was in the top ten at last year's worlds- that's why we have two.... which two will be decided (pretty well) at Nationals. We have three spots in the rest of the disciplines.

andyjo24

Medalist
Oh...didn't they only have one spot at worlds last year?

I guess b/c Joannie medaled at the last Olympics, they have two this time? Is that correct? Or does every country get at least two? I'm always woefully ignorant of the way spots are determined...:slink:

She finished better than 10th at 2013 Worlds, which guarantees Canada two spots.

kwanatic

Record Breaker
She finished better than 10th at 2013 Worlds, which guarantees Canada two spots.

KO was in the top ten at last year's worlds- that's why we have two.... which two will be decided (pretty well) at Nationals. We have three spots in the rest of the disciplines.

Oh yeah...duh-doy. I totally forgot about that.

Well, I guess a better question is if Kaetlyn can't go, who do those two spots go to?

Coriana

On the Ice
Ko

KO is back on the ice at least, preparing for Nationals, so don't write her off yet. Daleman and Lacoste and I imagine Chartrand will be battling for the second spot.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Not really unexpected, but I would hope they can find a replacement. It sucks when nobody ends up taking their spot, particularly when many skaters would kill for a GP spot.

This is bad news for Kaetlyn's bid to place well in Sochi. Hopefully she can recover.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Comments from Osmond ("kaetkiss") on Instagram:

Anything can happen, whether for the best or the worst. All that can be controlled is the hard work put in to everything and the steps to prevent the worst of happening. I may be injured now and having to withdraw from my Grand Prix assignments, but I've put my hours in and I'm still working on recovery that'll bring me back to better than I was before. I may be down right now, but I'm not ready to stay that way for long. I'll be back soon, everything happens for a reason.
http://instagram.com/p/gn-lC-S1li/

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I think, and am glad, that they are being extra cautious and not taking any chances to impede her health for the all important late season. It's very important that Kaetlyn goes to the Sochi Olympics, for the Team event and for at least the experience however she may place in Ladies.

Get perfectly healthy and strong, Kaetlyn.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Comments from Osmond ("kaetkiss") on Instagram:

Anything can happen, whether for the best or the worst. All that can be controlled is the hard work put in to everything and the steps to prevent the worst of happening. I may be injured now and having to withdraw from my Grand Prix assignments, but I've put my hours in and I'm still working on recovery that'll bring me back to better than I was before. I may be down right now, but I'm not ready to stay that way for long. I'll be back soon, everything happens for a reason.
http://instagram.com/p/gn-lC-S1li/

What a classy statement! Get well soon, Kaetlyn!

hohoho

On the Ice
What a classy statement! Get well soon, Kaetlyn!

That is quite a classy statement. Very professional. This girl shows nothing but professionalism at any time. The only controversies were creted by newspaper articles themselves which she has handled very well. Good luck in the healing process. Keep your mind on the goal - Nationals and Sochi.

spikydurian

Medalist
KO is back on the ice at least, preparing for Nationals, so don't write her off yet. Daleman and Lacoste and I imagine Chartrand will be battling for the second spot.
Daleman and Chartrand, two young skaters to watch out for. Daleman has a style quite similar to Kaetlyn - powerful. Will be interesting to see how either will fare in a major GP outing. Any decision yet?