Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond withdraws from Rostelecom

  1. #16
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,145
    Comments from Osmond ("kaetkiss") on Instagram:

    Anything can happen, whether for the best or the worst. All that can be controlled is the hard work put in to everything and the steps to prevent the worst of happening. I may be injured now and having to withdraw from my Grand Prix assignments, but I've put my hours in and I'm still working on recovery that'll bring me back to better than I was before. I may be down right now, but I'm not ready to stay that way for long. I'll be back soon, everything happens for a reason.
    http://instagram.com/p/gn-lC-S1li/

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,351
    I think, and am glad, that they are being extra cautious and not taking any chances to impede her health for the all important late season. It's very important that Kaetlyn goes to the Sochi Olympics, for the Team event and for at least the experience however she may place in Ladies.

    Get perfectly healthy and strong, Kaetlyn.

  3. #18
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,984
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Comments from Osmond ("kaetkiss") on Instagram:

    Anything can happen, whether for the best or the worst. All that can be controlled is the hard work put in to everything and the steps to prevent the worst of happening. I may be injured now and having to withdraw from my Grand Prix assignments, but I've put my hours in and I'm still working on recovery that'll bring me back to better than I was before. I may be down right now, but I'm not ready to stay that way for long. I'll be back soon, everything happens for a reason.
    http://instagram.com/p/gn-lC-S1li/
    What a classy statement! Get well soon, Kaetlyn!

  4. #19
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    What a classy statement! Get well soon, Kaetlyn!
    That is quite a classy statement. Very professional. This girl shows nothing but professionalism at any time. The only controversies were creted by newspaper articles themselves which she has handled very well. Good luck in the healing process. Keep your mind on the goal - Nationals and Sochi.

  5. #20
    Custom Title spikydurian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriana View Post
    KO is back on the ice at least, preparing for Nationals, so don't write her off yet. Daleman and Lacoste and I imagine Chartrand will be battling for the second spot.
    Daleman and Chartrand, two young skaters to watch out for. Daleman has a style quite similar to Kaetlyn - powerful. Will be interesting to see how either will fare in a major GP outing. Any decision yet?

  6. #21
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    136
    They competed as juniors this year, along with Seguin. None made the final. Gabby is reported to be working on a 3A. As you say, shhe's a powerful jumper. Veronik Maillet had a senior Grand Prix, as she's too old for junior. Amelie is improving under Krall.

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,436
    Daleman is powerful but lacks refinement---that is why she is a junior. Seguin and Chartrand are inconsistent. Mallet needs more competition experience.

  8. #23
    Custom Title skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,578
    Drat! She is a phenomenal performer, just love her, alll these withdrawals suck, really. Good luck kaet. You have a legion of fans wishing you speedy recovery. Go to Sochi and wow us!

  9. #24
    ♥ My Mirai's Golden Pond ♥ Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    745
    Oh bummer. I figured she would withdraw but darn! :( I wish Kaetlyn all of my best for a full recovery before the Olympics!

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    103
    according to post in Trophee E B section of Grand Prix threads, Ross Miner is out of the event because of a sprained ankle!!
    it was confirmed by a tweet from USFSA

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,649
    I think it is very wise to be cautious, and hope all the best for Kaetlyn and a speedy and full recovery.

    I think somebody else asked, but I don't think I saw an answer? - When is Canadian Nationals? At present I think that would be a more important goal for Kaetlyn than the GP.

    Also, who are the next alternates for the GPs? I'm not sure about the rules, but I think at this point, replacing her is not mandatory for the Russian fed? Or is that if there is less than 7 days to go? I'm very hazy on these things, I'm afraid... Anyway, I would think that their choice may depend on who they could choose, and how much it would cost them? Ergo, where the skater is based? Is this correct?

  12. #27
    Custom Title spikydurian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    according to post in Trophee E B section of Grand Prix threads, Ross Miner is out of the event because of a sprained ankle!!
    it was confirmed by a tweet from USFSA
    Kidding? Gee... everyone is training too hard.

  13. #28
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    This really will affect Canada's team event. It gives the USA the edge and opens to door for Italy. I really hope Italy doesn't win gold in the team event with no real guy but I can see that happening

  14. #29
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    This really will affect Canada's team event. It gives the USA the edge and opens to door for Italy. I really hope Italy doesn't win gold in the team event with no real guy but I can see that happening
    How will Osmond's withdrawal from Rostelecom have any impact on Canada's chances in the team competition?

    Also, do we have any idea who will get her spot in Moscow?

  15. #30
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I think somebody else asked, but I don't think I saw an answer? - When is Canadian Nationals?
    January 9-15. Kaetlyn has about 2 months to prepare.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •