Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond withdraws from Rostelecom

  1. #31
    Custom Title MFarone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    384
    Good luck to her for a complete recovery for Canadian Nationals. She should have an excellent chance to make the Canadian team if she is fully recovered.

  2. #32
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,072
    Sorry to hear about her withdrawal and injury. Her SP is one of my favorites this season.
    Wishing her a speedy recovery.

  3. #33
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    SC shouldn't have let/have her skate at SC international. As they are aiming for gold in the team event, they should know better. It's not like Joannie is still hanging on the verge of retirement. She jumped off the cliff and made it very clear that she has no intention whatsoever to ever return to olympic stage.

    I just feel so sorry for Kaetlyn. Wishing her a quick recovery.

  4. #34
    Custom Title LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    January 9-15. Kaetlyn has about 2 months to prepare.
    Thank you. I hope that's enough time for her to recover fully and be back at full strength.

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,687
    i wonder if she will be competitive ready??? This really opens up the chances in Canada - to go to Olys for the ladies.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    SC shouldn't have let/have her skate at SC international. As they are aiming for gold in the team event, they should know better. It's not like Joannie is still hanging on the verge of retirement. She jumped off the cliff and made it very clear that she has no intention whatsoever to ever return to olympic stage.

    I just feel so sorry for Kaetlyn. Wishing her a quick recovery.
    I believe SC let the skater and coach decide on whether a skater is ready. From what I understand this is a completly different injury - left foot and right hamstring. From what I understand Osmond's coach is very protective and will not let her skate injured. To me that is great. No pressure. And SC head medical is based in Edmonton. I would imagine that Osmond is getting the best medical care and advice possible.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    didn't Osmond win last nationals with like 210+ score with 2 falls

    Im sure by nationals they will have no problems inflating her marks again
    I'm sure she will make the Canadian team, they have no other contender for ladies and she the beacon of the crop

  8. #38
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    didn't Osmond win last nationals with like 210+ score with 2 falls

    Im sure by nationals they will have no problems inflating her marks again
    I'm sure she will make the Canadian team, they have no other contender for ladies and she the beacon of the crop
    She had one fall and scored 201. We all know sky_fly20 do not like Osmond. Her scores were no more inflated than any other nationaal competition worldwide.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    She had one fall and scored 201. We all know sky_fly20 do not like Osmond. Her scores were no more inflated than any other nationaal competition worldwide.
    No other nationals score above 200+ in ladies beyond Mao, Yuna and Carolina in their respective nationals
    almost legitimately for the scores they will also get internationally

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,962
    Yes, other nationals do have inflation, but the skaters didn't skate well enough to push them beyond 200. They were still scored higher than they would be scored internationally.

    What is your problem with Osmond? What did she do to you that is making you resort to such attacks, like you're a 5-year old child whining on a playground?

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Yes, other nationals do have inflation, but the skaters didn't skate well enough to push them beyond 200. They were still scored higher than they would be scored internationally.

    What is your problem with Osmond? What did she do to you that is making you resort to such attacks, like you're a 5-year old child whining on a playground?
    I think the problem is Osmond beat sky_fly20's skater.

  12. #42
    Custom Title Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    i wonder if she will be competitive ready??? This really opens up the chances in Canada - to go to Olys for the ladies.
    Even if she's not quite 100% by Nationals, I think that Skate Canada will do all they can to make sure a fully healthy Kaetlyn gets to the Olympics.

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,962
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    I think the problem is Osmond beat sky_fly20's skater.
    Who is sky_fly's skater?

  14. #44
    Custom Title LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Who is sky_fly's skater?
    Julia and/or Gracie?

  15. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Julia and/or Gracie?
    I like both

    but they have nothing to do with Osmond
    I have nothing against her but her national/home ice inflated scores are a joke
    at SC there was no way she should even come close to Gracie's PCS even Julia's
    she should get in mid 27+ PCS comparable to Tuks

    with that, I dont like anyone getting injured that goes for Omond was well
    that is why I am blaming her team for rushing her and hyping ? maybe they thought she would crush Julia, Akiko and Gracie ?
    when they should have used it to heal her injury, the result another injury before CoR and she'll probably be outside of Top 10 in Olympics
    if she gets to compete given little preparation/peaking time left, its not a home ice so no inflation will be given for Osmond

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •