Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond withdraws from Rostelecom

Custom Title
    What are you talking about, overhyping? You were the one saying that Osmond would medal no matter what, even if she fell. And the SP proved how false and inaccurate your predictions were.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    What are you talking about, overhyping? You were the one saying that Osmond would medal no matter what, even if she fell. And the SP proved how false and inaccurate your predictions were.
    I was talking about home ice events like SC or 2013 Worlds

Custom Title
    You repeatedly said before SC2013 that Osmond would medal even if she fell, due to supposed home ice inflation. And then her SP placed her considerably out of medal position, thus proving you wrong.

Banned
    You repeatedly said before SC2013 that Osmond would medal even if she fell, due to supposed home ice inflation. And then her SP placed her considerably out of medal position, thus proving you wrong.
    she wasn't that far behind of a medal hunt either after the SP
    she scored 60+ with a fall and 1 bad jump, still got a home ice inflation
    her PCS should always be in 27+ like Tuktamisheva

Custom Title
    Yes she was. She would have needed 126 points to get bronze. And her PB is 115. So based on what you said, if Osmond skated a free skate with multiple falls she would have gotten 126+ points with home ice inflation and medalled. Okay there.

Also, to suggest she deserves the same PCS as Tukt is completely disregarding how much better Osmond's artistry is. In the Nebelhorn 2012 FS (on non-Canadian ice) she got similar PCS as Sotnikova. And I'm sure you agree Sotnikova has much better PCS than Tuktamysheva.

Banned
    Yes she was. She would have needed 126 points to get bronze. And her PB is 115. So based on what you said, if Osmond skated a free skate with multiple falls she would have gotten 126+ points with home ice inflation and medalled. Okay there.

Also, to suggest she deserves the same PCS as Tukt is completely disregarding how much better Osmond's artistry is. In the Nebelhorn 2012 FS (on non-Canadian ice) she got similar PCS as Sotnikova. And I'm sure you agree Sotnikova has much better PCS than Tuktamysheva.
    Osmond has better artistry with her PCS for hip swaying and mambo music ? thats as bad as Tuks flailing arms and tango music

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Osmond has better artistry with her PCS for hip swaying and mambo music ? thats as bad as Tuks flailing arms and tango music
    If you look at the SC thread you'll see that most people appreciated and enjoyed it. And if that's all you see when it comes to Osmond's artistry, then there's no point discussing with you, since you are evidently just being a bitter hater.

I didn't agree with Osmond's win last year at SC, but I don't deny that the girl has some spunk and some of the best transitions in the business. I agree her Latin program was/is miles ahead's of Tuk's.

On the Ice
    I have nothing against her but her national/home ice inflated scores are a joke
    Yeah, right. You expect everyone to believe you were calling her names because you didn't like the ISU judges scoring.

Custom Title
    The only negative feeling I have about this year's SP is that it seems like a retread of last year's SP. It's almost as if Kaetlyn is being typecast as a kind of coquettish sex kitten and this will be her image going forward. The image is continued on in the FS (Carmen, Cleopatra) as well. I hope that her programs next season go in a different direction.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The only negative feeling I have about this year's SP is that it seems like a retread of last year's SP. It's almost as if Kaetlyn is being typecast as a kind of coquettish sex kitten and this will be her image going forward. The image is continued on in the FS (Carmen, Cleopatra) as well. I hope that her programs next season go in a different direction.
    I don't mind the coquettish, and I think it sets her program apart from the others. However, now her challenge is to make programs that set themselves apart from her previous programs. I think this year's program has the spirit of last year's program, in that it's fun and has spunk, and I honestly think it gives her energy allowing her to skate with speed and attack. Like, it would be kind of weird to see her try to skate something lyrical - I don't think she's at that point yet where she can pull that off, so she should continue to do what distinguishes herself and what she feels comfortable with. I can imagine in the next quad, she will diversify herself further.

Custom Title
    I think this year's program has the spirit of last year's program, in that it's fun and has spunk, and I honestly think it gives her energy allowing her to skate with speed and attack.
    IIRC, she once mentioned something about the faster pace routine doesn't give her time to over think. She relies more on muscle memory. However, I would think keeping up that pace in a LP would be exhausting.

Banned
    I was talking about home ice events like SC or 2013 Worlds
    2013 Worlds!?! Osmond placed 8th there. She also would not have medalled even without her 2 falls, despite that the silver and bronze medalists both had falls/stumbles and numerous major errors.

Custom Title
    If you look at the SC thread you'll see that most people appreciated and enjoyed it. And if that's all you see when it comes to Osmond's artistry, then there's no point discussing with you, since you are evidently just being a bitter hater.
    CanadianSkaterGuy do not try to reason with the unreasonable You will only end up with a blade stuck in your head and more blood and tears than a Johnny Weir reject costume.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    She had one fall and scored 201. We all know sky_fly20 do not like Osmond. Her scores were no more inflated than any other nationaal competition worldwide.
    Sky fly is anti Canadian. Also she cannot count. After all in both SC and TEB Chan had no falls yet
    Sky fly is the source of very rude and obnoxious comments!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast