Alexei Mishin: Skipping Grand Prix will not create any additional difficulties to Plushenko (Google translation):
"- Zhenya had pains in his left knee, - said Alexei Mishin. - After consultation with the doctors he had been asked to reduce the load. Runs allowed, jumping - no. In this mode, the training, we were not able to adequately prepare for the home Grand Prix in Moscow. Therefore took the decision to withdraw an athlete from the tournament, but to continue training.
- What kind of injury Plushenko?
- In the language of the doctor: exacerbation of pain.
- Before the World Russia are planning some starts?
- Certainly. But it is not clear where we can speak. In general, there is a rule before the end of the final Grand Prix of the athlete, who starred with the stage of illness, in any competitions to compete can not. Who will go Planned work - this is not the time for us to become a big obstacle to a rational and systematic preparation for the main starts - Russian and European championships and the Olympics. Skipping Grand Prix will not create any additional difficulties in our way.
- Concentrate on anything right now to work with Plushenko, given the limitations in the training process?
- In working out the indicator transition, which is now very important for improving the configuration and maintenance of tracks, to improve the rotation. The work we have enough!"