Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Men SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Who knew a cold fish could score 46.18 and 96.50 points of PCS!

I'm sure you're one of those people who sits watching Chan with bated breath hoping that he'll make a mistake.

I would give anything to have seen the undoubtedly sour, stank grimaces on your face (and on the faces of his haters) after his perfect skates at TEB.
    Me too!
    Sky fly PT fan et al have been quietly biting their tongues and maybe gnashing their teeth as well.

Hope he has many more excellent skates.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mercury View Post
    Patrick Chan is not a "look at me, look at me" sort of "artist", like Dai. It does not mean his artistry is any less powerful.

In this year's programs his skater feet express all the nuances, everything that is of the music which extend to his whole body line. The strokes and lines on the ice are poetic. Such music is definitely not for a Amodio or Murakami, as it's not about twisting bodies, flinging arms, or giving the audience & judges a flying kiss or the eye -- it is not about "drama". On the other hand, pieces like Mannish Boy is a waste on Chan really. If Chan continues after Sochi, I hope someday he'll do a Bach say one of the cello concertos. He'll do it justice.

By the way I'm not even a Chan fan. It's only the last weekend that I'm mezmerised and completely convinced of him (funny what two clean programs could do ....the programs of elite male skaters are so difficult nowadays!) Still not his fan, I claim, but I'm a skating fan. With someone this good in this eccentric sport we love, one just have to love what he does and give him the credit he deserves -- every bit of it.
    Interesting, that's how I describe Patrick's artistry. It's introspective - he draws the audience in, instead of projecting out to the audience with histrionics/posing/showmanship (which of course works for some skaters).

I love how many converts (Chanverts?) have been made at TEB on this board. Come on, sky_fly/karne/pangtongfan, there's still time for you to be saved!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Interesting, that's how I describe Patrick's artistry. It's introspective - he draws the audience in, instead of projecting out to the audience with histrionics/posing/showmanship (which of course works for some skaters).

I love how many converts (Chanverts?) have been made at TEB on this board. Come on, sky_fly/karne/pangtongfan, there's still time for you to be saved!
    "Introvert" or showman, the importance is the ability to feel and suitably interpret the music.

Chan did it at TEB, with one of the most beloved pieces of classical baroque music. One thing about baroque music it just doesn't tolerate "overacting". That's why they are a minority in figure skating as its subtleness demands tremendous quality and execution from their programs to be able to get to audience. But done well, they touch on the very inner core of one's being, just as the music is meant to be.

And I have always loved Dai. Who can forget his 2012 world's LP?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    Me too!
    Sky fly PT fan et al have been quietly biting their tongues and maybe gnashing their teeth as well.

Hope he has many more excellent skates.
    so I'm suppose to be excited now with his now hyper inflated PCS ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I am sure excitement is not the word. Anger and venom are closer to describing the scene.

All I say is give credit where its due and not these anti Canadian rants.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Do you ever not look at the PCS marks and ever just enjoy a performance? Like seriously, after so many skates your first remarks - "not enough PCS" "over-inflated PCS" "home ice PCS" "headcase". Do you even watch the skating to enjoy the performance? Even if his artistry isn't your cup of tea, surely you could appreciate the technical performance Chan had.

You're not *supposed* to be anything, but rudeness/venomous attitude towards a flawless performance (regardless of the skater) is pretty uncalled for. Not to mention, a flawed performance from not one of your own beloved skaters also receives the same ridicule. How do you feel if people labelled Yuzuru a headcase for continually singling jumps this season and missing both quads at TEB? The skaters you dislike are damned if they do, damned if they don't. You're just a very bitter person that loves to find fault with the world, aren't you.

Custom Title
    Flawless performances from Chan surely seperate the haters from the critics.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18