Men SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mao 88 you're the best! who is the female commentator here? sounded like Jayne Torville!

I think it's former British figure skating champion Joanne Conway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_Conway

Oh Mrs P I was sure it was you- you argued for Jason/Max as a good short/long program team in the team event. I give you credit anyway! :)

GO JASON IN THE LONG!

Haha, maybe I did. I don't remember! My brain is full of work things. :p

Art&Sport

Medalist
Ah Mrs. P, as I said, there may in fact be some areas about fs where we agree. I really don't have any tremendous disagreement with you in any case, especially semantically speaking, mostly just a difference in perception. Allow me to point out, hair-splitting as you may again perceive my comments to be, but frankly I haven't "established" anything about Oda aside from stating my honest opinion of his skating. Sorry indeed you seemed to take offense that I mentioned him in any context.

Speaking of water, Jason Brown's Flow Like Water is one of my favorites to view again and again, but he's a skater I never tire of watching.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Ah Mrs. P, as I said, there may in fact be some areas about fs where we agree. I really don't have any tremendous disagreement with you in any case, especially semantically speaking, mostly just a difference in perception. Allow me to point out, hair-splitting as you may again perceive my comments to be, but frankly I haven't "established" anything about Oda aside from stating my honest opinion of his skating. Sorry indeed you seemed to take offense that I mentioned him in any context.

Speaking of water, Jason Brown's Flow Like Water is one of my favorites to view again and again, but he's a skater I never tire of watching.

Art&Sport, you and I are on the same page re Oda. :)

Can you link to this Flow Like Water program? It sounds great!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well we all love Jason, so... :)

Here you go from 2011-2012 JGPF, which he won:http://youtu.be/IYtxwK2wJrg

Oh, how I loved this program too!

I think he may have dropped one of his CDs on his way out from the rink at Brisbane though...there's a Novice man getting around this season with a Flow Like Water program that uses many of the same cuts ;)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Wow! Patrick! He reminded me once again why I love figure skating! His performance was so mesmerizing!:bow:

I completely agree. He is reaching new heights, literally and figuratively, this season. Absolutely stunning. and his talent is of the kind that can attract non-figure skating fans- my mother, always scornful of my figure skating love, was in rhapsodies about Patrick.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Wow! Patrick! He reminded me once again why I love figure skating! His performance was so mesmerizing!:bow:

ITA. He is such an amazing skater - ss out of this world & he really dances his programs. I loved Jason's skate; so much potential & grace. Hanyu, IMO is overrated & was overscored. Granted he's a good jumper & he had lots of energy, but he's sloppy at times, flaps his arms way too much, and kinda reminds me of a 10 year old boy who strayed onto senior ice -- or perhaps it's just that ridiculous Poo Bear.;)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
ITA. He is such an amazing skater - ss out of this world & he really dances his programs. I loved Jason's skate; so much potential & grace. Hanyu, IMO is overrated & was overscored. Granted he's a good jumper & he had lots of energy, but he's sloppy at times, flaps his arms way too much, and kinda reminds me of a 10 year old boy who strayed onto senior ice -- or perhaps it's just that ridiculous Poo Bear.;)

Ice Diva, I agree with you re Jason and Patrick AND Hanyu- he is overrated/overmarked at this stage in his development- he IS sloppy, unfinished, and needs a few more years to develop. I almost don't want him to succeed on too big a scale this year because he won't be pushed to improve. I would love it if he was a contender NEXT Olympic Cycle, but he is not at the level of Patrick or Daisuke right now.

chloepoco

Medalist

I like Patrick and Jason as well, however, totally disagree with you about Hanyu. I think he's great too, and if he likes his tissue in a Pooh Bear holder, that's his prerogative--doesn't bother me one bit.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The difference between Jason and Chan is this: Jason feels the music, breathes the music, moves with the music. Chan kinda waves his arms around pretending to hear the music but really is a cold fish to it.

spikydurian

Medalist
The difference between Jason and Chan is this: Jason feels the music, breathes the music, moves with the music. Chan kinda waves his arms around pretending to hear the music but really is a cold fish to it.
I am waiting for the day when your bubble of ecstacy will burst. Your constant demeaning outbursts of other skaters see that you deserve your bit some day. It will come. The ice is slippery.

Ice Diva

On the Ice

:bang: what ARE the judges thinking awarding such high scores to a deaf, cold fish who flaps his fins around. Roll in the guillotine & off with their heads ;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Well I wouldn't give Patrick that much kudos - his marks aren't that great. I don't think the judges think for whatever reason his pcs should be that much higher than Hanyu or Yan and Frenandez - I think theyir should be a greater differentiation and technically he is ALWAYS getting beaten - he needs to pick up points especially on those spins. His best hope is the sp if he is clean because his long is not as strong technically as Fernandez, Aaron and co. He can't afford to mess up those spins.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
:bang: what ARE the judges thinking awarding such high scores to a deaf, cold fish who flaps his fins around. Roll in the guillotine & off with their heads ;)
Remember Brian Boitano did the same thing and it worked for him. You don't have to be a natural artist - at least Patrick showed some promise artistry wise. Boitano got Sandra Bezic and pretended to be artistic - stares to the heavens =above and all lol. Patrick is not as flamboyant or in your face artistic but he cetainly is nothing to sneeze at - really none of the ladies are all that into their music. Yuna and Mao have nice flow but most are the Miss America smile to the camera =- they aren't living th emusic other than oddly enough maybe Julia. Most are the pretty princess skater.