Men SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Glad for Han that he got through that! Looks like he lost some levels on the spins because the TES box indicates he's only about a point above Jason in TES. It will be interesting to see how that scores.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Han YAN (CHN)

Music: Minor Waltz Michael Poral; Viper's Drag by Fats Waller

3A - nice flow out
4T - also nice
FCSp
CSSp
3Lz+3T - stepout
StSq
CCoSp

One small stepout, but otherwise solid. He looks a bit ill (red-faced after 4T, pale during step seq), so great skate despite fever...

SP: 46.38+37.96 = 84.34, 2nd out of 2

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He should not beat Jason overall. Jason's PCS should be higher.

Han's SS is much better than Jason's. I think it will be close.

Holy crap....he is behind Jason! I actually thought he would be a hair above him.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Go Hannie! I hope he will do OK. He does not look well.

I didn't notice, and my stream went dead just after he started!

Hang on, it's back.

No, it's gone again.

Wahey - it's back... just after the routine finished! Grrrr!!!!! :mad:

Does anybody know how he went???!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I didn't notice, and my stream went dead just after he started!

Hang on, it's back.

No, it's gone again.

Wahey - it's back... just after the routine finished! Grrrr!!!!! :mad:

Does anybody know how he went???!!!

CaroLiza_fan

He did the jumps, but he clearly had a tough time with the levels on his spins. He's second by a hair.

Yan quite good technically (although flying camel was a bit of a mess) but another blank-faced performance with unextended movements. SS is gorgeous but he needs performance skills training.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Brown is really winning me over in terms of whether he should go to Sochi... even without a quad, it's clear that he's the best US men's skater.

If he gets a quad, he will be a multiple World medalist in the next quadrennial.

Hoping he can hold it together for the FS!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Interesting, looking at the PCS, the judges actually did not do the corridor thing.

Han beat Jason in SS (7.75 vs 7.46) and they were close in choreography (7.75 for Jason vs 7.64; you could argue Jason should have a bigger lead) but Jason basically beat him handily in transitions, performance/execution and interpretation.

Brown is really winning me over in terms of whether he should go to Sochi... even without a quad, it's clear that he's the best US men's skater.

If he gets a quad, he will be a multiple World medalist in the next quadrennial.

Hoping he can hold it together for the FS!

If he gets that quad is a big if! I hope it doesn't take him as long as it did for him to master the 3A. Actually I don't think it would. He seems to do quite well with toe pick jumps.

Matilda

Medalist
Yan quite good technically (although flying camel was a bit of a mess) but another blank-faced performance with unextended movements. SS is gorgeous but he needs performance skills training.
The fever clearly affected his performance--he probably had to put his energy on hitting the technical elements. He had a lot more energy and emoted better at CoC.

It's still corridor. Yan's other PCS are only a tiny bit lower than his SS, when in reality his SS is far superior to any other aspects of his skating.

And when you look at Brown's PCS, there's a bit of a spread there but still only 0.6 or so.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
He did the jumps, but he clearly had a tough time with the levels on his spins. He's second by a hair.

Thanks Mrs. P! Hopefully he'll be included when British Eurosport show the highlights in a few hours time (if the tennis is over...)

By the way, my stream froze AGAIN during the warm up! Grrrr!!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's still corridor. Yan's other PCS are only a tiny bit lower than his SS, when in reality his SS is far superior to any other aspects of his skating.

And when you look at Brown's PCS, there's a bit of a spread there but still only 0.6 or so.

Well I guess I should clarify it's sill less corridor than it usually. Baby steps, Ziggy!

If he gets that quad is a big if! I hope it doesn't take him as long as it did for him to master the 3A. Actually I don't think it would. He seems to do quite well with toe pick jumps.

He does 4toe in practice. Probably not consistent enough yet to include in his programs.

The fever clearly affected his performance--he probably had to put his energy on hitting the technical elements. He had a lot more energy and emoted better at CoC.

Thanks, I didn't realise he was ill. It makes more sense now as he looked quite pale.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Florent AMODIO (FRA)

Music: La Cumparsita arranged by Sebastien Damiani, F. Larage

4S - slight twofooted
3A - solid
FCSp
StSq
2Lz+3T
CCoSp
CSSp

Some mistakes, but his seasons best by far.

SP: 35.08+38.57 = 73.65, 3rd out of 5