Men SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

Art&Sport

Medalist
I took that as, that Nobunari gets high PCS because he does clean programs with great technical ability, just as Chan does. Not that you were comparing Oda to Chan. I'm sorry that I lack the intelligence to understand your sparkling and insightful commentary on skating!

What I'm saying is that Oda does not get high PCS. As far as I'm concerned the judges do consider Oda inferior to the top skaters, so I'm not sure why you think he's gifted. Ice coverage, skating skills DO account into PCS and good packaging does matter. If you're not an artist, you might as well do programs that help you perform them to the best of your ability and boost up the P/E mark!

Again, your total misreading. But this is a message board with immediate commentary, with all of the misinterpretations, misreadings, faulty grammar, and whatever else that entails. Sparkling commentary on these boards is few and far between IMHO. It's hard to be very sparkling and insightful while expressing your own personal opinions and preferences. So you think that Oda does not get high PCS? Hmmm, I think he does on many occasions, but maybe not consistently on every occasion. Well, I guess like Ashley Wagner said to Phil Hersh, "It's all relative." And, it is figure skating where every difference of opinion is liable to put fans of the sport at odds with each other.

Now you wonder why I praise Oda for his gifts? I said I think Oda is an exceptionally gifted jumper, but that's of course not all that should matter in figure skating. What's the argument then really that you have with my opinions of Oda's skating?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Again, your total misreading. But this is a message board with immediate commentary, with all of the misinterpretations, misreadings, faulty grammar, and whatever else that entails. Sparkling commentary on these boards is few and far between IMHO. It's hard to be very sparkling and insightful while expressing your own personal opinions and preferences. So you think that Oda does not get high PCS? Hmmm, I think he does on many occasions, but maybe not consistently on every occasion. Well, I guess like Ashley Wagner said to Phil Hersh, "It's all relative." And, it is figure skating where every difference of opinion is liable to put fans of the sport at odds with each other.

Now you wonder why I praise Oda for his gifts? I said I think Oda is an exceptionally gifted jumper, but that's of course not all that should matter in figure skating. What's the argument then really that you have with my opinions of Oda's skating?

Eh, Whatever. I give up trying to explain what I'm trying to say because no matter what I say, you keep saying I'm misreading you!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Eh, Whatever. I give up trying to explain what I'm trying to say because no matter what I say, you keep saying I'm misreading you!

Well, I repeated that you had misread that I was in any way comparing Chan and Oda. I didn't say that you misread my last two posts. But again, whatever. You revealed that you think the judges consider Oda inferior to the top skaters. IMO, the judges are often blinded by Oda's jumping ability and ice coverage into sometimes giving him relatively high marks for his inferior skills in the area of transitions, interpretation, choreography and musicality.

Of course that doesn't keep anyone who truly enjoys watching Oda skate from experiencing pleasure. Again, everyone should enjoy the skaters that make them happy.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I have to look at the videos
Im guessing another fraudulent scoring here

hope Yuzu skates lights out LP
good luck tommorow :love:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Actually Chan should be farther ahead then what he is. Just watched both of them back to back. Chan is in a league of his own!

pls Im tired of the whole whole league with his S/S
his jumps aren't that special either

Yuzu was cheated here again

Shayuki

Record Breaker
pls Im tired of the whole whole league with his S/S
his jumps aren't that special either

Yuzu was cheated here again

Actually Chan just was better here. His presentation and PCS in general were significantly better.

jan

On the Ice
Actually Chan just was better here. His presentation and PCS in general were significantly better.

I thought they were both phenomenal but I agree. Chan truly is much better. I would love for both of them to skate this well tomorrow.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
inflation in full swing, apparently. He skated well but not world record well.

Look at what Yan got though and Chan is clearly a full level higher pc wise and Chan still struggles technically - those spins are costing him I think.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'm a frequent criticizer of Chan, but really, that was a faultless Short from him. I have no problem with him winning the Short, skating like that. Let's see what the skaters do during the free and what the judges do before we all pounce.

I have to say if anyone was overmarked it was Jason and Hanyu. PC wise Chan should be much higher than Hanyu since Hanyu still had more room to improve. As for Jason love his style but we will see if his long program can stand up jump wise. He seems to lose ground because completing the 3A is a big thing for him but with no quads well that is hard to deal with Hanyu, Yan, Dai, the other Japanese Men, Fernandez and Chan.

flaneur

On the Ice
I have to look at the videos
Im guessing another fraudulent scoring here

hope Yuzu skates lights out LP
good luck tommorow :love:

wait. what? you are calling fraud even before you watched the programs? oy. you are obviously not biased at all. :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think Hanyu was suitably marked. Worthy of a PB.

His PCS still could improve, particularly his arm movements which still feel a bit mechanical to me, and his presence. I think Chan having about a 3 point lead over Hanyu is just about right.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
wait. what? you are calling fraud even before you watched the programs? oy. you are obviously not biased at all.

:laugh: I know, right!

How could my glorious Hanyu :)love::love::love:) lose to Chan :)scowl:)... it must be fraud.... oh wait, maybe I'll actually watch the programs and see how they skated.