Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Dance SD - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

I have to say that most times I can't really understand I/K PCS: SS should be their best mark without any doubt... Is their IN really better than their speed, edges etc.?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    OMG!!! GUILLAUME IS EXTRAORDINARY! What amazing poise, posture, and full body awareness! His talent and ability are so excelled for a young man of only 19 years of age. Please tell me he will be a future Olympic and World Champion!!
    He is amazing indeed, but her lines are all over the place. Her skating is messy and sloppy. He desperately needs a new partner.

V/M were great. I don't particularly like jazzy programs and this one is not my cup of tea, but it is very strong. However, they shouldn't let the situation build a false sense of confidence - D/W scored much lower at NHK, but they dropped a level on their twizzles, something they normally never do and they had 2 other level 3s. Right now it looks the SD scores will be very close between the teams. It will all go down to whoever hits their levels.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    What makes you so sure that bigsisjiejie is American? Has she identified her nationality elsewhere?
    Her location is Beijing.
    And her GS name is a mash-up of the English and Chinese languages. "Big sister" in Chinese = "jiejie."
    It is possible that she is American. Equally possible that she is not.

And I am American who loves Virtue/Moir. Can't get enough of the elegance and attention to detail of their dancing.
    Glad there are some Americans who can appreciate the true ice dancers regardless of their nationalities. About bigsisjiejie, she has been around on other boards, too. I think she is American. If she's not, she sure sounds like one, just leave it there.

Custom Title
    Oh God how I hate people referring to VM as "the true ice dancers", implying DW are not What is your deal? How are DW any less of ice dancers than VM? Who gets to decide whether a team's skating is "true" ice dancing and another team's is not? Last time I checked there was no definition of "true" ice dancing, so it really is a matter of taste/opinion.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLex View Post
    Oh God how I hate people referring to VM as "the true ice dancers", implying DW are not What is your deal? How are DW any less of ice dancers than VM? Who gets to decide whether a team's skating is "true" ice dancing and another team's is not? Last time I checked there was no definition of "true" ice dancing, so it really is a matter of taste/opinion.
    ITA. It seems to me that the judges think they dance just fine, considering they have TWO world championship medals!! It is thanks to V/M's "fans" that I can barely stand to watch them skate anymore.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by semosk8tfan View Post
    ITA. It seems to me that the judges think they dance just fine, considering they have TWO world championship medals!! It is thanks to V/M's "fans" that I can barely stand to watch them skate anymore.
    It just shows how the politicking works. And no surprise D/W fans avoid the reality as much as possible.

Custom Title
    Well as usual the V/M ubers completely miss the point. I never said I didn't like V/M; actually I love them. I just don't particularly think this SD is all that great given what we've seen in the past from them. I don't care for their FD this season either. Letdowns. But I've loved some of their past programs. And just to be even-handed, I don't care for D/W's programs this season either. D/W's SD is cute but I'll forget about it once the season is over, and I'm not a fan of Scheherezade, largely because I've always loathed the music. Again, letdowns. Maybe I was expecting too much of both these teams for this Olympic season, so what they're both putting out there now seems so.....anticlimactic even though it's all competently skated. Competent is not the same as transcendent. And if any of you think what V/M (or D/W) are doing is transcendent, you are easy to please.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    It just shows how the politicking works. And no surprise D/W fans avoid the reality as much as possible.
    LOL! And some people see only what they want to see and believe only what they want to believe. USFS is particularly lousy at "politicking."

Custom Title
    V/M made DRASTIC changes to their SD at this competition, they've rearranged their music and choreography, almost 40% different from the last competition. They have extended the first music cut to include the twizzles, leaving the last section all closed hold dancing.

I''m surprised no one commented on these rather major changes. But then again, I wonder if some of these commenters even bothered to actually watch their earlier SD

Custom Title
    Does anyone know of a link to the same version as the FIRST song in Ilinykh/Katsalapov's SD? (Bei Mir Bist Du Schön) If anybody does, that would be super helpful and very kind

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    V/M made DRASTIC changes to their SD at this competition, they've rearranged their music and choreography, almost 40% different from the last competition. They have extended the first music cut to include the twizzles, leaving the last section all closed hold dancing.

I''m surprised no one commented on these rather major changes. But then again, I wonder if some of these commenters even bothered to actually watch their earlier SD
    I preferred the program at Skate Canada. The placement of the twizzles made more sense in that version and the lift in that program was also better, IMO. I dislike Scott's arm positions in the new lift.

Custom Title
    ^ I liked the original better but maybe this will grow on me..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I have to say that most times I can't really understand I/K PCS: SS should be their best mark without any doubt... Is their IN really better than their speed, edges etc.?
    Depends on the mood of the judging panel, the position of the moon and all that jazz.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8