Dance SD - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Dance SD - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

elif

Medalist
I don't know. Russia have last 3 or 4 world junior ice dance champions but they all have weaknesses. Stephanova and Monko just too tall for their partners. Riazanova and Tkachenko just don't have skating skills. Sinitsina and Zhiganshin of course coached by Kustarova. :slink:

Zhiganshina/Gazsi - Fun, perky program with a lot of character (and they have added thick rimmed glasses for him as a prop). I guess his rounded shoulders are technically in character in that performance, heh. Technical elements not executed to very high standard though, their ability is limited in that regard.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
However, don't forget that pangtongfan has predicted that M/K will get Russia's third spot for the Olys, and that he is always right in his predictions since joining the boards!

LMAO. He wouldn't even be in the top 10 if he tried to play the predictions game. :rolleye:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Not usually an I/K fan, but this SD is one of the better ones this season. And nicely executed here. Should handily go into first.

Ilinykh/Katsalapov - Fantastic edges, lots of speed and attack throughout. Detailed and refined upper body movement. Twizzles a little off as usual but other elements executed to a very high standard

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ilinykh and Katsalapov skated really well. I'm glad they have nice program for this season.

69.07, new personal best!

Might even beat Pechalat/Bourzat if the french make mistakes

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ilinykh and Katsalapov skated really well. I'm glad they have nice program for this season.

69.07, new personal best!

Might even beat Pechalat/Bourzat if the french make mistakes

Woo Hoo very nice rebound for them after last week. Surely would have broken 70 if the twizzles weren't off.

Pechalat/Bourzat - Great expression throughout. Quite an open program but with detailed and well presented upper body movement. Lift was a little strained, other elements good.

I/K seemed to have more speed and attack. I am very surprised to see this coming out of my mouth but, level considerations aside, I'd probably have P/B second.

samson

Medalist
The Russians were great and I'm not at all surprised they scored so well. So were the French. For me the Russians had a lot more freedom - more champagne if you will - but I felt the French had more detail, and kind of got the job done with a little more laser focus.

And French into the lead with 70+!

LauraV

On the Ice
Ilinykh/Katsalapov - Fantastic edges, lots of speed and attack throughout. Detailed and refined upper body movement. Twizzles a little off as usual but other elements executed to a very high standard

Their twizzles are often out of sync because Nikita always looks like he launches into them as if someone had just zapped him in the kiester with a cattle prod. Good performance otherwise - this is definitely one of the better SDs this season.

Finnstep

Final Flight
I loved that skate from V/M-it's really nice to see that V/M, P/B, and I/K all skated great today.

Davis/White (read: Virtue/Moir :p) - Near perfect performance. Technical elements were effortless. A lot of closed holds. Movement in character of the music. Very light over the ice, great flow throughout.

On a personal level, this was another typical Zoueva-Disney-vomfest but I didn't expect anything different. ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Davis/White - Near perfect performance. Technical elements were effortless. A lot of closed holds. Movement in character of the music. Very light over the ice, great flow throughout.

On a personal level, this was another typical Zoueva-Disney-vomfest but I didn't expect anything different. ;)

Davis and White :confused:

J/K knew who you meant. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Davis/White - Near perfect performance. Technical elements were effortless. A lot of closed holds. Movement in character of the music. Very light over the ice, great flow throughout.

LOL, Freudian slip of the keyboard? ;)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

:eek: Meryl and Charlie were here?! :laugh:

Actually, I'm sure I'll take flak for this since I dare to criticize the sainted V/M, but I find their dance boring. I realize they make the difficult look deceptively easy and it's of course well skated and deserves first place from what we saw from all the couples today, but I just feel nothing when I watch this particular SD. The fact that I'm not fond of the music selections doesn't help.

elif

Medalist
Please not that lift again please. :bang: They have everything except lifts. :disapp: How this lift is fitting the character of the dance?