Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dance SD - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Papadakis/Cizeron - Good performance skills, some nice detail in the choreography, but some of the elements a little insecure. They have the 'it factor' though. Really explosive presentation. I hope they can improve technically with time.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    However, don't forget that pangtongfan has predicted that M/K will get Russia's third spot for the Olys, and that he is always right in his predictions since joining the boards!
    I hope not. Riazanova/Tkachenko aren't exactly looking great this season but even they are much better than the mediocrity M/K present at the moment.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Papadakis/Cizeron - Good performance skills, some nice detail in the choreography, but some of the elements a little insecure. They have the 'it factor' though. I hope they can improve technically with time.
    Agree. I'm particularly taken with him--he's got great style out there. He seems the slightly stronger dancer right now. I don't think it will take long for this team to become France's #1 and skip right past Carron/Jones....if Papa Didier doesn't mess things up first.

Custom Title
    I don't care for the British couple's music. It expecially doesn't work for me during the finnstep sequences.

I hope not. Riazanova/Tkachenko aren't exactly looking great this season but even they are much better than the mediocrity M/K present at the moment.
    Yeah my post was kind of a joke since pangtongfan insists his predictions are always right (there is a gem of a post in an Evan L thread about this). (Un)fortunately now I don't remember where I read his prediction about M/K (though I'm sure it was today that I read it) and now I can't find it so maybe I am mistaken. I also much prefer R/T and I also prefer S/Z despite their major errors last week.

Coomes/Buckland - The program was a little sluggish and empty at the start and the finnstep lacked sharpness, lightness and character but it really picked up in the second half with some interesting highlights and much more expression.

Slow twizzles and a messy finnstep though.

I personally loved their music. It was different and more sophisticated than what you usually see in competition.

Yeah my post was kind of a joke since pangtongfan insists his predictions are always right (there is a gem of a post in an Evan L thread about this). (Un)fortunately now I don't remember where I read his prediction about M/K (though I'm sure it was today that I read it) and now I can't find it so maybe I am mistaken. I also much prefer R/T and I also prefer S/Z despite their major errors last week.
    For the record, I believe PTF is a "she."

I think it will be a bloodbath for No. 3 spot.

Custom Title
    Papadakis/Cizeron - this team will make it big. His face and body line is so beautiful.

Judging from the TES, Judy Blumberg is in nit-picky mode again. Good for her! :D

Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    Papadakis/Cizeron - this team will make it big. His face and body line is so beautiful.
    He is so fabulous, I just want to sprinkle him with lots of glitter!

Custom Title
    Nathalie is looking smokin hot.

Custom Title
    Papadakis/Cizeron - Good performance skills, some nice detail in the choreography, but some of the elements a little insecure. They have the 'it factor' though. Really explosive presentation. I hope they can improve technically with time.
    I think he's got more of the 'it factor' than her, but they've got loads of potential. There's something him that reminds me of Ray Bolger of all people--that kind of lanky, elastic grace.

The Brits--someone please put irreversible scratches into the cd of their music so we don't have to listen to it again. Love the lift and the ending though.

Custom Title
    I don't know. Russia have last 3 or 4 world junior ice dance champions but they all have weaknesses. Stephanova and Monko just too tall for their partners. Riazanova and Tkachenko just don't have skating skills. Sinitsina and Zhiganshin of course coached by Kustarova.

Zhiganshina/Gazsi - Fun, perky program with a lot of character (and they have added thick rimmed glasses for him as a prop). I guess his rounded shoulders are technically in character in that performance, heh. Technical elements not executed to very high standard though, their ability is limited in that regard.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    However, don't forget that pangtongfan has predicted that M/K will get Russia's third spot for the Olys, and that he is always right in his predictions since joining the boards!
    LMAO. He wouldn't even be in the top 10 if he tried to play the predictions game.

Custom Title
    Not usually an I/K fan, but this SD is one of the better ones this season. And nicely executed here. Should handily go into first.

Ilinykh/Katsalapov - Fantastic edges, lots of speed and attack throughout. Detailed and refined upper body movement. Twizzles a little off as usual but other elements executed to a very high standard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast