Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dance SD - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Ilinykh and Katsalapov skated really well. I'm glad they have nice program for this season.

69.07, new personal best!

Might even beat Pechalat/Bourzat if the french make mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Ilinykh and Katsalapov skated really well. I'm glad they have nice program for this season.

69.07, new personal best!

Might even beat Pechalat/Bourzat if the french make mistakes
    Woo Hoo very nice rebound for them after last week. Surely would have broken 70 if the twizzles weren't off.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Pechalat/Bourzat - Great expression throughout. Quite an open program but with detailed and well presented upper body movement. Lift was a little strained, other elements good.

I/K seemed to have more speed and attack. I am very surprised to see this coming out of my mouth but, level considerations aside, I'd probably have P/B second.

Custom Title
    The Russians were great and I'm not at all surprised they scored so well. So were the French. For me the Russians had a lot more freedom - more champagne if you will - but I felt the French had more detail, and kind of got the job done with a little more laser focus.

And French into the lead with 70+!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Ilinykh/Katsalapov - Fantastic edges, lots of speed and attack throughout. Detailed and refined upper body movement. Twizzles a little off as usual but other elements executed to a very high standard
    Their twizzles are often out of sync because Nikita always looks like he launches into them as if someone had just zapped him in the kiester with a cattle prod. Good performance otherwise - this is definitely one of the better SDs this season.

I/K seemed to have more speed and attack. I am very surprised to see this coming out of my mouth but, level considerations aside, I'd probably have P/B second.
    I would too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I would too.
    I would three.

Custom Title
    The Canadians were lovely. Just class and romance. Wonderful.

Custom Title
    I loved that skate from V/M-it's really nice to see that V/M, P/B, and I/K all skated great today.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Davis/White (read: Virtue/Moir ) - Near perfect performance. Technical elements were effortless. A lot of closed holds. Movement in character of the music. Very light over the ice, great flow throughout.

On a personal level, this was another typical Zoueva-Disney-vomfest but I didn't expect anything different.

skating philosopher
    Davis/White - Near perfect performance. Technical elements were effortless. A lot of closed holds. Movement in character of the music. Very light over the ice, great flow throughout.

On a personal level, this was another typical Zoueva-Disney-vomfest but I didn't expect anything different.
    Davis and White

J/K knew who you meant.

Custom Title
    But will V/M get the levels here!

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Davis/White - Near perfect performance. Technical elements were effortless. A lot of closed holds. Movement in character of the music. Very light over the ice, great flow throughout.

LOL, Freudian slip of the keyboard?

Custom Title

Meryl and Charlie were here?!

Actually, I'm sure I'll take flak for this since I dare to criticize the sainted V/M, but I find their dance boring. I realize they make the difficult look deceptively easy and it's of course well skated and deserves first place from what we saw from all the couples today, but I just feel nothing when I watch this particular SD. The fact that I'm not fond of the music selections doesn't help.

Custom Title
    Please not that lift again please. They have everything except lifts. How this lift is fitting the character of the dance?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast