Dance SD - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dance SD - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
The Canadians were lovely. Just class and romance. Wonderful.

Definitely. I'm starting to get excited about this season. That battle for the Olympic bronze medal in dance is starting to look pretty fierce, too, with the kind of scores the teams right behind the big two are throwing out. :popcorn:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good to see some actually great skating for once. This GP season has been a bit of a downer with all the withdrawals and lackluster perfromances.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I would three.

I would four.

Now, now Ziggy--the first section of Voir's dance is lovely and there's a touch of brilliance in choreographing to the scat AND the beat. The rest is, well, a bit too cutesy-poo for me, but it is wonderfully skated.

caitie

Medalist
Looking over the results, the Olympic medal contenders did really well here. I/K were nearly 8 points above last week's performance. P/B were nearly seven points better than CoC two weeks ago. And this is a season's best for V/M and the second highest SD score on the GP so far, as well.

I'm starting to get excited about this season. That battle for the Olympic bronze medal in dance is starting to look pretty fierce, too

IA. Well, I was always excited lol, but I have no idea who will win the bronze.

It was a great event, yes. A lot of interesting programs also. Best GP SD so far, IMO.

Their twizzles are often out of sync because Nikita always looks like he launches into them as if someone had just zapped him in the kiester with a cattle prod. Good performance otherwise - this is definitely one of the better SDs this season.

That is a very apt description of how he looks at the start, heh!

I wrote down that he was a little off-balance on the first set and they came out off-synch (one doing one more rev than the other) out of the second (although maybe it was the first as well, can't remember for sure now).

Davis and White :confused:

J/K knew who you meant. :)

They are the same to me. ;) Generic Zoueva robots. ;P

Please not that lift again please. :bang: They have everything except lifts. :disapp: How this lift is fitting the character of the dance?

I don't think that things being 'in character of the dance' is a concept Zoueva cares much about. :p

Having said that, V/M's program seemed much improved compared to its first outing and had lovely character at the start.

I was firmly in the 'Davis/White are a sure bet for OWG gold' camp but this performance from V/M shows that the battle is far from over.

samson

Medalist
Make that I would five for me. I get that the French wanted to stand out and really go a different route with their concept, but it feels too against the natural tendencies of the FinnStep. And I do appreciate the variation they're bringing to it, but the Russians were just glittering and bubbly today. It made me want to do the FinnStep!

LauraV

On the Ice
I would six. I/K were much improved today, and notably faster than P/B, and they maintained accuracy within that speed. I do like parts of P/B's SD, but I have to give the edge to I/K today.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Their twizzles are often out of sync because Nikita always looks like he launches into them as if someone had just zapped him in the kiester with a cattle prod. Good performance otherwise - this is definitely one of the better SDs this season.

Wow, thanks for the laugh, you owe me a keyboard (was drinking water when I read that). Must watch for this move now -- or perhaps arena security needs tightening and a bunch of cattle prods need to be confiscated??

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, I'm eager to see I/K's dance now. The comments are not from I/K ubers...so it must've been awesome.

AWWWWW why do pesky things like work have to get in the way of my skating addiction.

emdee

Final Flight
:eek: Meryl and Charlie were here?! :laugh:

Actually, I'm sure I'll take flak for this since I dare to criticize the sainted V/M, but I find their dance boring. I realize they make the difficult look deceptively easy and it's of course well skated and deserves first place from what we saw from all the couples today, but I just feel nothing when I watch this particular SD. The fact that I'm not fond of the music selections doesn't help.

You are correct....the problem rests with you. That is why you are unable to enjoy a superb program!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
You are correct....the problem rests with you. That is why you are unable to enjoy a superb program!

Maybe, but I don't slobber over this couple like you do. I do like V/M though I don't put skaters on pedestals.....but I don't think this is going down as one of their epic SD's. It's a real letdown.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wow, I'm eager to see I/K's dance now. The comments are not from I/K ubers...so it must've been awesome.

AWWWWW why do pesky things like work have to get in the way of my skating addiction.

Yeah, it was DRAMATICALLY improved from last week, and not just the levels. It is very clear they and their coaches took the feedback they got last week on levels and other things to heart and have been busting their tails off trying to work on the program, despite whatever rumors on lack of work ethic may be going around.

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS (By Starting Order)

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) Short Dance
2. Nicole ORFORD / Thomas WILLIAMS (CAN) Short Dance
3. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON (FRA) Short Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR)

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI (GER) Short Dance, 2nd Copy
6. Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) Short Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
7. Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) Short Dance, 2nd Copy
8. Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN) Short Dance

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

LauraV

On the Ice
Wow, thanks for the laugh, you owe me a keyboard (was drinking water when I read that). Must watch for this move now -- or perhaps arena security needs tightening and a bunch of cattle prods need to be confiscated??

Sorry about your keyboard!:) If you want to see an even clearer example of what I meant, take a look at last week's SD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLBgHxVT0fc

ETA: Just after the 3:20 mark in this video

The problem rests with Zoueva's choreography lacking character and creativity (although having said that, this is one of the better programs V/M have had).

Yeah, it was DRAMATICALLY improved from last week, and not just the levels.

It seemed to me that V/M, P/B and I/K have all showed dramatically improved performances, in comparison to their first GP SD outings.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
PB for I/K ?
now if they can continue like these and hit all levels they are still in the running for that OBM
forget B/S they are back to 2011 scenario and going backwards

2013 European title will be between P/B, I/K and C/L

flaneur

On the Ice
P/B are quite a sexy pair... Nathalie especially sold the program. Thought they skated well but were a bit slow.

I/K were improved from last week. There is something young and age appropriate to the program that I liked. One superficial note. I think Nikita should either lighten or darken his hair colour... right now his natural colour kind of washes him out and makes him disappear on ice.

V/M overall improvement since SC. I actually like where their twizzles originally were more but since it was causing them problems the change isn't a big deal. Liked the small details they have put in. Of the three top teams it was the one that flew by and didn't drag (at times during I/K and P/B sd I found myself a little surprised the dance wasn't over yet).