Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dance SD - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

Custom Title
    The top 3 were all great. Nice changes to V/M program.

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    The Canadians were lovely. Just class and romance. Wonderful.
    Definitely. I'm starting to get excited about this season. That battle for the Olympic bronze medal in dance is starting to look pretty fierce, too, with the kind of scores the teams right behind the big two are throwing out.

Custom Title
    Good to see some actually great skating for once. This GP season has been a bit of a downer with all the withdrawals and lackluster perfromances.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I would three.
    I would four.

Now, now Ziggy--the first section of Voir's dance is lovely and there's a touch of brilliance in choreographing to the scat AND the beat. The rest is, well, a bit too cutesy-poo for me, but it is wonderfully skated.

Custom Title
    Looking over the results, the Olympic medal contenders did really well here. I/K were nearly 8 points above last week's performance. P/B were nearly seven points better than CoC two weeks ago. And this is a season's best for V/M and the second highest SD score on the GP so far, as well.

I'm starting to get excited about this season. That battle for the Olympic bronze medal in dance is starting to look pretty fierce, too
    IA. Well, I was always excited lol, but I have no idea who will win the bronze.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    It was a great event, yes. A lot of interesting programs also. Best GP SD so far, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraV View Post
    Their twizzles are often out of sync because Nikita always looks like he launches into them as if someone had just zapped him in the kiester with a cattle prod. Good performance otherwise - this is definitely one of the better SDs this season.
    That is a very apt description of how he looks at the start, heh!

I wrote down that he was a little off-balance on the first set and they came out off-synch (one doing one more rev than the other) out of the second (although maybe it was the first as well, can't remember for sure now).

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Davis and White

J/K knew who you meant.
    They are the same to me. Generic Zoueva robots. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Please not that lift again please. They have everything except lifts. How this lift is fitting the character of the dance?
    I don't think that things being 'in character of the dance' is a concept Zoueva cares much about. :P

Having said that, V/M's program seemed much improved compared to its first outing and had lovely character at the start.

I was firmly in the 'Davis/White are a sure bet for OWG gold' camp but this performance from V/M shows that the battle is far from over.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Make that I would five for me. I get that the French wanted to stand out and really go a different route with their concept, but it feels too against the natural tendencies of the FinnStep. And I do appreciate the variation they're bringing to it, but the Russians were just glittering and bubbly today. It made me want to do the FinnStep!

Tripping on the Podium
    I would six. I/K were much improved today, and notably faster than P/B, and they maintained accuracy within that speed. I do like parts of P/B's SD, but I have to give the edge to I/K today.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraV View Post
    Their twizzles are often out of sync because Nikita always looks like he launches into them as if someone had just zapped him in the kiester with a cattle prod. Good performance otherwise - this is definitely one of the better SDs this season.
    Wow, thanks for the laugh, you owe me a keyboard (was drinking water when I read that). Must watch for this move now -- or perhaps arena security needs tightening and a bunch of cattle prods need to be confiscated??

skating philosopher
    Wow, I'm eager to see I/K's dance now. The comments are not from I/K ubers...so it must've been awesome.

AWWWWW why do pesky things like work have to get in the way of my skating addiction.

Custom Title
    V/M changed the location of the twizzles and it worked out for them. Nice!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Meryl and Charlie were here?!

Actually, I'm sure I'll take flak for this since I dare to criticize the sainted V/M, but I find their dance boring. I realize they make the difficult look deceptively easy and it's of course well skated and deserves first place from what we saw from all the couples today, but I just feel nothing when I watch this particular SD. The fact that I'm not fond of the music selections doesn't help.
    You are correct....the problem rests with you. That is why you are unable to enjoy a superb program!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    You are correct....the problem rests with you. That is why you are unable to enjoy a superb program!
    Maybe, but I don't slobber over this couple like you do. I do like V/M though I don't put skaters on pedestals.....but I don't think this is going down as one of their epic SD's. It's a real letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Wow, I'm eager to see I/K's dance now. The comments are not from I/K ubers...so it must've been awesome.

AWWWWW why do pesky things like work have to get in the way of my skating addiction.
    Yeah, it was DRAMATICALLY improved from last week, and not just the levels. It is very clear they and their coaches took the feedback they got last week on levels and other things to heart and have been busting their tails off trying to work on the program, despite whatever rumors on lack of work ethic may be going around.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast