Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

Great job from Pogorilaya. Shame about the waxel but all other elements executed to a very high standard. Fast rotation on the spins. Good attention paid to presenting the program, quite well extended movements.

Oreo

On the Ice
I still absolutely detest this outfit. She's very beautiful naturally but this getup just makes her seem like a... not even going to say it.

Totally agree. Those gloves make her arms look too long--like they're going to fly off.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
What the ----.

I wasn't expecting 60+ without an axel! That second mark went way up from Cup of China! And deserved, in my opinion - Her skating and presentation overall felt significantly stronger.

samson

Medalist
Based on what the little box is saying this should be enough to pull ahead of Samantha even with the axel issues.

Honestly I'm not sure I would put Sam's PCS much higher than what she got. She gives a lot of sass, but she looked a little cautious out there to me, and there are, for me, still moments in the choreography that look juniorish.

Anna and her coach look very disappointed, but I would say 60.03 when you miss the axel is a great score for her.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Actually that's pretty crazy. That's 64-65 clean, I'd say. If her FS improvement follows suit, she might be a potential 190 pointer.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Natalia POPOVA (UKR)

Music: Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo, performed by Edvin Marton

3F - stepout/turnout, added 2T will prob not count
3T - lacking preceding steps
FCSp
2A
CCoSp
StSq
LSp

Technically not as strong. Will be last for now

SP: 26.67+24.20 = 50.87, 3rd out of 3

tulosai

Record Breaker
Actually that's pretty crazy. That's 64-65 clean, I'd say. If her FS improvement follows suit, she might be a potential 190 pointer.

Yeah I do think I underestimated the PCS boost she'd get. She has improved on some details though. Wagner still I think has a 1-2 mistake cushion over her if both clean, but probably not 2-3 like I'd originally though. We'll have to see if the high PCS trend continues/extends to Wagner too or not though I guess.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
that? :rolleye: She landed 3lutz+3toe and 3 loop. I know axel was a mistake but its worth only 3.63.

Still, she barely got 60 clean in CoC. Her getting 60 without an Axel... I think being surprised is perfectly reasonable.

Yeah I do think I underestimated the PCS boost she'd get. She has improved on some details though. Wagner still I think has a 1-2 mistake cushion over her if both clean, but probably not 2-3 like I'd originally though. We'll have to see if the high PCS trend continues/extends to Wagner too or not though I guess.

She legitly did deserve a better PCS here, though. It wasn't all just GP winner bonus points. She did skate better.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Natalia POPOVA (UKR)

Technically not as strong. Will be last for now

Yeah, she drives me crazy. Some nice qualities (and I love her music) but she can never hold it together, even in a short. I think she just isn't very good technically though, unfortunately. Doesn't seem to be nerves.

You all make fair points. Cesario needs more speed and the performance was a little cautious in places.

Popova - Her upper body is very stiff. Her skating is just so heavy overall between shallow edges, stiff back and quite wooden movements. Sorry. She's improved a bit since last season but still a long way to go. Questionable connection to the music.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Still, she barely got 60 clean in CoC. Her getting 60 without an Axel... I think being surprised is perfectly reasonable.

She legitly did deserve a better PCS here, though. It wasn't all just GP winner bonus points. She did skate better.
She is already making a name for herself, isn't she? Technically very strong, despite the Axel, but still looking a bit cold. I wonder how much she will be able to improve on her PCS.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well hey, she did really well. I wasn't really expecting her to be this good. That first double loop in the combination looked underrotated to me but it's really difficult to say without slow-mo.

And now my stream froze so will miss the rest of the program(from tech score 21.5 I saw nothing).

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Amelie LACOSTE (CAN)

Music: The Feeling Begins by Peter Gabriel

3Lo+2Lo
3F - bit low
FSSp - bit shaky
2A
LSp
StSq
CCoSp

Solid enough skate, though this program doesn't really do it for me