Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

deneuved

On the Ice
Gracie also has better spins and speed.

Gracie is way inferior than Ashley in almost all aspects to me. She has no musicality and her elements are really put in randomnly. If there is any justice, Ashley should beat her comfortably if both skate clean or have similar amounts of mistakes.

No judges seemed to notice that second 3toe in Gao's combo was slightly cheated and two-footed (toe-pick touching on landing). In their defence, all I could see live was that the second jump had a tight landing and I needed the slo-mo to see more detail. Judges can repeat the jump but not in slo-mo.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I really hope Pogorilaya skates clean in the FS. And it of course would help if she didn't just 0 the axel. I definitely feel like a 180 total is easily possible for her.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Wagner shows very well something that Sotnikova lacks. Her languid movement from start until finish of her SP embodied the character of the music (and she has made good use of her whole upper body throughout as well and didn't just move her arms).

I completely agree with you. Excellent use of the entire upper body, including the neck and head, and I thought she really captured the mood and tone of the music beautifully. I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, and I think she did them justice. :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gracie is way inferior than Ashley in almost all aspects to me. She has no musicality and her elements are really put in randomnly. If there is any justice, Ashley should beat her comfortably if both skate clean or have similar amounts of mistakes.

want to bet ? worn out Wagner has lower spins, two footed or downgraded 3-3 and has limited jumps
Gracie has the spins, speed and jumps that Wagner can only dream of

Wagner is inferior of Gracie

Gracie is way inferior than Ashley in almost all aspects to me. She has no musicality and her elements are really put in randomnly.

She's not a pretty ballerina, she does slouch and her upper body is still a bit stiff but she does seem to move in time with the music, most of the time.

deneuved

On the Ice
want to bet ? worn out Wagner has lower spins, two footed or downgraded 3-3 and has limited jumps

Yep, bet is on :) The only way Gracie can beat Ashley IMO is if she skates totally clean (hardly ever happens) and Ashley makes *several* mistakes.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Seriously? The Finnish TV didn't show Pogorilaya's SP? Yeah, why bother showing the #2 skate, right? Ridiculous. They didn't show Brown either.

Rami

Rinkside
I thought Christina was very lovely but the judges still aren't buying what she's selling for some reason. I'd have had her right in the mix with Anna and Adelina, like a 59.75 or something...

I think Gao was over-marked in PCS... As a skater she very generic after all. I don't think she really understands the music she is skating to.

Mao88

Record Breaker

Sara

On the Ice
Seriously? The Finnish TV didn't show Pogorilaya's SP? Yeah, why bother showing the #2 skate, right? Ridiculous. They didn't show Brown either.

I'm not sure whether you saw my earlier reply to you... If I were you I wouldn't bother watching the GP on Finnish TV which shows only the highlights. You can watch the competition live through Yle Areena -> http://areena.yle.fi/tv/suora

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hmm I see. It's without commentary though, and I generally prefer the English commentary of streams but I guess that's HD quality. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

R.D.

Record Breaker
want to bet ? worn out Wagner has lower spins, two footed or downgraded 3-3

:laugh: "worn out Wagner"...

She still appears to be the class of the US women field, the best we've got, for better or worse.

Will Gold surpass her? Perhaps, but unless she starts landing some jumps, Wagner is going to remain ahead for the time being.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I think Gao was over-marked in PCS... As a skater she very generic after all. I don't think she really understands the music she is skating to.

As oppose to Adelina skating to what?
Her IN should be 0, or 1.
CH should be 1

How about that?

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker

You know, continually proclaiming Ashley to be "old and worn out" isn't going to change the fact that Gracie has never beat Ashley in a competition. You do realize that, right? :sarcasm:

That may change in the future but as of now, you have NOTHING to corroborate all of your claims about how inferior Ashley is to Gracie.

Is Gracie talented? Yes. Is she more talented than Ashley? Possibly. Point of the matter is talent counts for nothing if you can't deliver it when you need to...and so far, Gracie has not delivered convincingly enough to be seen as superior to hardly anyone.

FYI, just b/c you prefer one skater over another doesn't mean you have to trash everyone else.:disagree:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker

I disagree. I think she was under-marked. If Adelina got a 30, Christina deserved a 29...