Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    What the ----.

I wasn't expecting 60+ without an axel! That second mark went way up from Cup of China! And deserved, in my opinion - Her skating and presentation overall felt significantly stronger.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Based on what the little box is saying this should be enough to pull ahead of Samantha even with the axel issues.

Honestly I'm not sure I would put Sam's PCS much higher than what she got. She gives a lot of sass, but she looked a little cautious out there to me, and there are, for me, still moments in the choreography that look juniorish.

Anna and her coach look very disappointed, but I would say 60.03 when you miss the axel is a great score for her.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    Totally agree. Those gloves make her arms look too long--like they're going to fly off.
    I actually love the long arms. I normally hate gloves, but they suit her.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Actually that's pretty crazy. That's 64-65 clean, I'd say. If her FS improvement follows suit, she might be a potential 190 pointer.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    60 points for that?
    that? She landed 3lutz+3toe and 3 loop. I know axel was a mistake but its worth only 3.63.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Natalia POPOVA (UKR)

Music: Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo, performed by Edvin Marton

3F - stepout/turnout, added 2T will prob not count
    3T - lacking preceding steps
    FCSp
    2A
    CCoSp
    StSq
    LSp

Technically not as strong. Will be last for now

SP: 26.67+24.20 = 50.87, 3rd out of 3

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Actually that's pretty crazy. That's 64-65 clean, I'd say. If her FS improvement follows suit, she might be a potential 190 pointer.
    Yeah I do think I underestimated the PCS boost she'd get. She has improved on some details though. Wagner still I think has a 1-2 mistake cushion over her if both clean, but probably not 2-3 like I'd originally though. We'll have to see if the high PCS trend continues/extends to Wagner too or not though I guess.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    that? She landed 3lutz+3toe and 3 loop. I know axel was a mistake but its worth only 3.63.
    Still, she barely got 60 clean in CoC. Her getting 60 without an Axel... I think being surprised is perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yeah I do think I underestimated the PCS boost she'd get. She has improved on some details though. Wagner still I think has a 1-2 mistake cushion over her if both clean, but probably not 2-3 like I'd originally though. We'll have to see if the high PCS trend continues/extends to Wagner too or not though I guess.
    She legitly did deserve a better PCS here, though. It wasn't all just GP winner bonus points. She did skate better.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Natalia POPOVA (UKR)

Technically not as strong. Will be last for now
    Yeah, she drives me crazy. Some nice qualities (and I love her music) but she can never hold it together, even in a short. I think she just isn't very good technically though, unfortunately. Doesn't seem to be nerves.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    You all make fair points. Cesario needs more speed and the performance was a little cautious in places.

Popova - Her upper body is very stiff. Her skating is just so heavy overall between shallow edges, stiff back and quite wooden movements. Sorry. She's improved a bit since last season but still a long way to go. Questionable connection to the music.

0 Not allowed!
    Amelie's up. Back in a bit...

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Lacoste looking absolutely terrified at the start. :/

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Still, she barely got 60 clean in CoC. Her getting 60 without an Axel... I think being surprised is perfectly reasonable.

She legitly did deserve a better PCS here, though. It wasn't all just GP winner bonus points. She did skate better.
    She is already making a name for herself, isn't she? Technically very strong, despite the Axel, but still looking a bit cold. I wonder how much she will be able to improve on her PCS.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Well hey, she did really well. I wasn't really expecting her to be this good. That first double loop in the combination looked underrotated to me but it's really difficult to say without slow-mo.

And now my stream froze so will miss the rest of the program(from tech score 21.5 I saw nothing).

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Amelie LACOSTE (CAN)

Music: The Feeling Begins by Peter Gabriel

3Lo+2Lo
    3F - bit low
    FSSp - bit shaky
    2A
    LSp
    StSq
    CCoSp

Solid enough skate, though this program doesn't really do it for me