Music: The Question of U by Prince

3T+3T
3Lo - pitched forward on landing
FCSp
2A - nice
CCoSp
StSq
LSp - bit travel at end

Solid skate, though she still needs a lot of work on skating skills and posture.

SP: 30.25+26.25 = 56.50 (SB), 3rd out of 5

Sackie

Medalist
Then why was she behind Lacoste on Ch? She lost on SS and there is no way Cesario is better in SS!
It is the rep that goes with certain skaters from certain countries and she was 1st after the SP at Jr worlds last year!

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I actually have this sudden, strong feeling Adelina is going to win this whole event.

Of course, I'm often wrong, but I'm totally serious.
With only Ashley against her it is a possibility. But she has to land her jumps.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Mae sold it well. I don't get why the British commentators say that Mae reminds them of Surya Bonaly. Other than the fact that their both black I see no similarity in their skating. Mae is the far superior skater as far as edgework, etc. imo.

tulosai

Record Breaker
With only Ashley against her it is a possibility. But she has to land her jumps.

Yeah, agreed. I have never felt this way about Adelina before though- I have always (accurately) thought she was going to blow it. I guess we will see. I do think that (if reasonably clean) she and Ashley are the only 2 with any shot at winning, with Pogo a dark horse if they really really mess it up.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Mae sold it well. I don't get why the British commentators say that Mae reminds them of Surya Bonaly. Other than the fact that their both black I see no similarity in their skating. Mae is the far superior skater as far as edgework, etc. imo.

It is because they are both powerful and athletic, with problems in the areas of posture and artistry. I do think Mae has better edging and has potential to grow further than Surya did though.

Meite - Best choreography she’s had so far. Quite a lot of upper body movement throughout and she sold it decently enough. Her upper body is still very stiff and her basic skating a little heavy, however.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Then why was she behind Lacoste on Ch? She lost on SS and there is no way Cesario is better in SS!
It is the rep that goes with certain skaters from certain countries and she was 1st after the SP at Jr worlds last year!

You're looking for phantoms that aren't there. Lacoste's program was dull as dishwater and not skated with any particular inspiration.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
To be honest, this wasn't bad, even though I didn't really like the program. I think that the outfit is pretty good, though. And I guess she presented... pretty well. At least she wasn't robotic.

edit: I guessed it'd be between 56 and 57, pretty good.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I love Mae Bernice! She was one of my awesome surprises when I went to Skate America last year. She has huge jumps and has a nice presence. She definitely looks better in person than on TV/internet screen.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Christina GAO (USA)

Music: Close Without Touching by David Arkenstone

3T+3T - wild free leg, but she held on. Maybe twofooted
2A - not much distance
FSSp
3Lo - a bit iffy. Maybe UR
LSp
StSq
CCoSp

Solid skate, but I've seen her jump better