Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

caitie

Medalist
Maybe it's just this stream's audio being ever so slightly out of sync, but I feel like Adelina just skates right through Carmen as if it was just figure skating muzak. She has choreography to go along with the music, but she never seems to hit it at the right time, and if you are going to skate to Carmen then I'm not going to forgive you unless you remind me it's a great piece of music with your performance.

Sotnikova - No flutz this time but 3loop was underrotated by a lot and two-footed as well. I don't understand how the program is supposed to relate to the music. Well some of her movements are in time but as far as the character of the music goes, I don't see it reflected in her movements at all.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Hmmm.

If Sotnikova is third here, she's behind both Akiko Suzuki and Elena Radionova in the battle for the GPF spot. She sort of needs to deliver in the FS.

yeah she controls her destiny. It is clear from PCS that judges will put her in front of Pogo in that area but she has to deliver enough technical content for it to matter.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Sotnikova - No flutz this time but 3loop was underrotated by a lot and two-footed as well. I don't understand how the program is supposed to relate to the music. Well some of her movements are in time but as far as the character of the music goes, I don't see it reflected in her movements at all.

Exactly. I said it last time. It was like what is this girl skating to?

I don't think she can medal now. She will fall apart in the LP.
Gao might get the bronze after all.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Music: Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd

3F+3T - 3T maybe UR. Replay 3T<, borderline <<
FSSp
CCoSp
3Lo
2A
StSq
LSp

Solid skate. She should take 1st comfortably. Still not digging the program, though

SP: 34.53+32.22 = 66.75, 1st out of 9

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I wonder when, if ever, Ashley will start getting penalized for her cheated 3Toe in combo.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
This is the weakest women's SP we've had this season, by far. The victory seems ripe for the picking for Wagner as long as she can skate a FS that's even... like, 50% of what she's capable of.

She should skyrocket into the lead with an enormous margin.