Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

Wagner - 3toe cheated. 3loop strong. Weak spins. Lovely program with languid movement in character of the music throughout and a fair amount of transitions.

Sackie

Medalist
It will lead. Her 3T looked UR at SA to me but they were not going to call it such there! Think she still needs miles on it for it to be good.

Rami

Rinkside
IMO this is Wagner's best ever sp choreo but this time in Paris she didn't have the same spunk as in Skate America.

Miss October

Rinkside
Loved Ashley's skate!!! Her landing position is just so confident.

The commentators are so funny. Do Americans look distinctly American?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Hmmm.

If Sotnikova is third here, she's behind both Akiko Suzuki and Elena Radionova in the battle for the GPF spot. She sort of needs to deliver in the FS.

There is only a .02 point difference between Adelina and Anna in the SP, hardly any fodder for eventual placement projection.

This Ladies field is particularly weak.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Oh good, she did get the < call. I expect at Nationals they will give it to her, though.

IMO this is Wagner's best ever sp choreo but this time in Paris she didn't have the spunk as in Skate America.

Her SP last year was her best, IMO.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Loved Ashley's skate!!! Her landing position is just so confident.

The commentators are so funny. Do Americans look distinctly American?

If it counts for anything, I think Europeans look distinctly non-American. No matter what part of Europe they are from.

Icey

Record Breaker
who is the female commentator? I agree about spins. They are not being judged properly. There should be few positive goe's and lots of negative ones imo.

caitie

Medalist
Ashley is still beatable if Gracie could get her head on straight.

I think Gracie definitely has more natural talent, but it's still raw and I dislike her programs this year. I have no idea what she and her team are thinking, because the programs she is skating are, like, building year programs. They're the programs she should be skating during a non-Olympic year to build her skills. They are not programs that play to and highlight her strengths. I don't really understand the choices, sigh.

who is the female commentator? I agree about spins. They are not being judged properly. There should be few positive goe's and lots of negative ones imo.

Agreed.

Wagner shows very well something that Sotnikova lacks. Her languid movement from start until finish of her SP embodied the character of the music (and she has made good use of her whole upper body throughout as well and didn't just move her arms).

samson

Medalist
6.72 lead over the rest of the field. That's a very comfortable lead. It looks like the combo is still kind of a work in progress, but I'm glad to see she's still out there attempting it and going for it.

Even with a downgrade on her toe, this is still a better score than anything she posted last season in the short program internationally. And honestly I think that's correct. This program is just so much better for me than Red Violin.

Looking forward to her skate tomorrow!

Rami

Rinkside
Oh good, she did get the < call. I expect at Nationals they will give it to her, though.

Her SP last year was her best, IMO.

I remember absolutely nothing about her last year's program although I saw it many times. Not the music, not the choreo. :)