Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Rohene Ward

Custom Title
    Gophergal89, thanks so much for your insight. It's great to realize that Rohene has indeed found a way to skate that he enjoys--as a show skater. I will hunt for YouTube videos and enjoy him that way. Add to that his splendid choreography, and we have a fabulous array of treasure to contemplate.

(Now if we could just get him to choreograph for Daisuke and for Kurt....)

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Choreographer Ward creates pieces of art for Brown
    'Holiday on Ice' principal skater explains process of building programs

Posted 3/17/14 by Jean-Christophe Berlot, special to icenetwork
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/03/17/68904270 (Mar 17)

Very informative and interesting Q and A with Ward about his multifaceted career as a skater/performer/teacher/choreographer.
    Lots of discussion of his work with Jason and Kori.

tripping on the toe pick
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Choreographer Ward creates pieces of art for Brown
    'Holiday on Ice' principal skater explains process of building programs

Posted 3/17/14 by Jean-Christophe Berlot, special to icenetwork
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/03/17/68904270 (Mar 17)

Very informative and interesting Q and A with Ward about his multifaceted career as a skater/performer/teacher/choreographer.
    Lots of discussion of his work with Jason and Kori.
    What a refreshing interview! His approach is such an anthithesis to your average cookie cutter COP choreo, yet he manages to work within the system's limitations... it almost made me weep happy tears!

Loved this bit:

Icenetwork: If we may take an example: In the second half of his program, Jason does a hydroblade and connects it immediately to a double Axel. How did such a transition come?
    Ward: Originally, the double Axel was planned in a choreographic sequence at the end of the program. Judges then offered some critiques, saying that it was too confusing for them to mark the footwork and then risk to miss that double Axel while adjusting their mark for the footwork. I told them that I was not there to make their job easier! But at the end of the day, you want to acknowledge that their advice is important. So we decided to place that double Axel right after the hydroblade (as the latter is not marked as an element by the judges), which does not disturb the flow of the piece.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4