Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rohene Ward

Anyone know if Rohene is still planning to compete at all this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    I don't think so. He did not go through regionals and I believe he's back in Europe for his show engagements.

That's a bummer. Earlier in the year he was planning to compete and had his music picked out. Would have loved to have seen the programs!

Banned
    Well, hopefully we will still have the chance to enjoy his skating if some videos of his show appearances turn up. I actually never really enjoyed watching him compete. Too heartbreaking. Would rather watch him either practice, play around (double axels in both directions back in the day) or simply perform, sharing his talent/gift.

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    Well, hopefully we will still have the chance to enjoy his skating if some videos of his show appearances turn up. I actually never really enjoyed watching him compete. Too heartbreaking. Would rather watch him either practice, play around (double axels in both directions back in the day) or simply perform, sharing his talent/gift.
    Yep. You never saw him do 3lutz CW? He could do it all. I am so glad he's at least radiating his talent out there to the younger skaters. He was a natural.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Some of his mad skills are on display on his audition videos. They used to be on youtube.

Rinkside
    He's on tour with HOI in Europe

Rinkside
    I met Rohene when he was 22 - he'd been skating many years by then. I life coached him for two years. He's an amazing talent and a more amazing person. Although I know him better than most, I don't feel it's my place to tell his "full story." What I can share with you is there are hundreds of really talented athletes who never win a title in their sport because competing just isn't their thing. The people who win are not necessarily the best in their sport, but they're the best at competing in the moment when the prize is on the line! I've seen Rohene do things other skaters are shocked by. Starting with is reverse rotation of both jumps and spins. I saw him off ice for over three months when he put on a pair of skates and was ripping off triples in 20 minutes! He's gifted - no doubt. And his choreography skills are just another layer of his amazing talent. He's trained in dance and his knowledge of music is well beyond most skaters. I can't speak to his work with Jason other than to say they are stellar match-up that I'm so glad they're working together. Jason is a wonderful skater, but like his mentor, he's also a great person.
    As far as what he's doing now, Rohene's on tour (for the fourth year in a row) with Holiday on Ice in Europe. He did Aladdin (title role) in 2010-11, Speed I 2011-2012, Speed II 2012-2013 and now Platinum 2013-2014. No he's not a great competitor. But you would be hard pressed to find another skater with his show-skating talent. He's doing what he loves right now. And that is more of who he is than anything else I can say.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Some of his mad skills are on display on his audition videos. They used to be on youtube.
    They're still there.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    Nada. He's back on tour with HOI.

Rinkside
    And now - with Jason Brown's US silver medal and trip to the 2014 Olympics, Rohene is an Olympic Coach and Choreographer! His talent just never ends!!!

Custom Title
    Thank you for your insight Gopher. It seems to me like he's found his niche with choreographing! Jason's LP and exhibition were works of art!!! Can hardly wait to see what he does next season.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Rohene was teaching Riverdance to Jason! Wouldn't you just love to see Rohene doing that number with his gorgeous lines and jumps?

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    I know I'm getting ahead of myself... but I can't wait to see what Rohene and Jason choose for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    I know I'm getting ahead of myself... but I can't wait to see what Rohene and Jason choose for next year.
    And we'll get two new programs, probably!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast