Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Famous splits-coach/skater

Famous splits-coach/skater

Other thread prompted this.

Why did Kwan dump Frank in Oly year? Anyone-KKonas know/

Orser/yuna?

Others? I really wanna know why MK sacked him. Did he tell during jenny.dave TSL?

Custom Title
    As I understand it, neither Frank nor Michelle ever spoke of it. Frustrating for us, but I think it was a classy way for them to behave.

Custom Title
    I think the Kwan/ Carroll split had to do with $$$$$$, probably more a concern of Danny than Michelle.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I think the Kwan/ Carroll split had to do with $$$$$$, probably more a concern of Danny than Michelle.
    What about Yuna and Orser, I'm a fan but I wasn't able to follow the 10000000000 threads and to understand the reason of their split. Could someone tell me a short version of the story?

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    What about Yuna and Orser, I'm a fan but I wasn't able to follow the 10000000000 threads and to understand the reason of their split.
    Here is the answer: No one (outside of their circle) knows. smileyface

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Here is the answer: No one (outside of their circle) knows. smileyface
    Oh, thank you, now I understand why so many posts, people were speculating.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Oh, thank you, now I understand why so many posts, people was speculating.
    Yes, that is it. You are welcome.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Yes, that is it. You are welcome.
    I like your avatar, Yuna is so pretty in that picture.

Custom Title
    From what I've read, it's commonly believed that Carrol wanted royalties from Kwan's earnings. As she grew in popularity, so did the number and size of the endorsements she received.

What about Yuna and Orser, I'm a fan but I wasn't able to follow the 10000000000 threads and to understand the reason of their split. Could someone tell me a short version of the story?
    From everything I've read on fansites, the logical conclusion is that it was Illuminati plot involving the IMG, Mao Asada's pet dog, and that bald dancing guy from those Six Flags commercials.

In all seriousness, it's not unusual in sports for dream team coaches and athletes to separate due to differences in how they want progress in their competitive career. This is especially after a very stressful Olympic season. Athletes naturally lose their competitive drive after success, desire a normal life, or have difficulty going back into the grind of training.

Does any one really know when it comes to most splits? Most public statements about them are generally vague and cordial. Heck it's possible that the parties involved don't even agree on why they split.

Tripping on the Podium
    I read somehwere that Frank asked Kwan why would she want to move on since he hadn't changed the way he coaches and she replied that she had changed, as in grown up. Maybe she wanted more control as an adult, but again, as much as I want to know it seems like they have mostly kept very quiet. I've heard the money rumors but given that Kwan was struggling to compete (keep up) with Slutskaya and almost lost to Hughes at Skate Cananda I got the feeling it was more an attempt to strike out on her own to see what she could do.

On the Ice
    Brian Joubert/andrei Berezintsev, joubert/jean-christophe Simon.....joubert/guyon...actually he splits with all his coaches:-/

Scott Hamilton and Carlo Fassi. Carlo began "neglecting" Scott for another skater (Scott Cramer), so Hamilton went to Don Laws... and the rest is history. Fassi and Laws were friends, so they did have Fassi's blessing, but Carlo really didn't think Hamilton was going anywhere competitively. Oh well.

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Dorothy Hamill and Carlo Fassi. He even sued her for $$$ claiming a certain percentage of her earnings. It was nice to see her bury the hatchet and skate at his memorial ice show.

Christopher Bowman and Frank Carroll. Well, we know the reasons there.

Tiffany Chin and Frank Carroll. I think Marjorie might have had something to do with this, hehe.

Tara Lipinski- Jeff DiGregorio. I think Pat might have had something to with this, too, hehe.

Nicole Bobek and every licensed coach in America and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post

Nicole Bobek and every licensed coach in America and beyond.
    I was going to say something similar, but decided to give her a pass on that.

Why did Kurt leave his long time coach, Mr. J? I've never seen anything on why he moved over to Doug Leigh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast