Tuktamysheva might miss Rostelecom Cup | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva might miss Rostelecom Cup

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
It is reported she has a back problem and doctors advise her not to jump for a week..I think it will be a very weak event in Russia(( With clear favourites so far

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
will be a head to head battle with Carolina and Julia :popcorn:

Tuk always seems to have back issues ?
she shouldn't have brought back her beillman worth only level2, it might have given her problems for her back

It is reported she has a back problem and doctors advise her not to jump for a week..I think it will be a very weak event in Russia(( With clear favourites so far

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I especially worry because all the young Russian girls need all the exposure they can get, so that international judges can get a feel for their work. The girls don't just have to catch up to the established reputations of the older skaters but also have to stand out from among a crowded field of other sparkling young Russian skaters. I'm glad Liza is resting her injury instead of aggravating it, but I do hope recovery is swift.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I hope Tuk recovers fully in time for Europeans and the battle for those two spots on the Russian ladie's Olympic team!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
will be a head to head battle with Carolina and Julia :popcorn:

Battle? Carolina is no match for the divine radiance of Julia's genocidal denouncement. She will non-threateningly be sipping on hot chocolate and grasping her Silver medal.

caseyl23

Rinkside
I hope Tuk recovers fully in time for Europeans and the battle for those two spots on the Russian ladie's Olympic team!

That's assuming she can recover enough to get to Europeans and through Russian Nationals. Between her, Sotnikova, Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya (the top four eligible Russians at this point) that's going end up being a tough fight.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
That's assuming she can recover enough to get to Europeans and through Russian Nationals. Between her, Sotnikova, Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya (the top four eligible Russians at this point) that's going end up being a tough fight.

That's why I said that I hope she fully recovers in time for those competitions.

penguin

On the Ice
Another skater with an injury, sad. Is everyone just practicing too hard because it's Olympic season? It would be such a shame if everyone winds up in subpar condition by the time the Games actually roll around because they all overtrained.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Another skater with an injury, sad. Is everyone just practicing too hard because it's Olympic season? It would be such a shame if everyone winds up in subpar condition by the time the Games actually roll around because they all overtrained.

It may be the opposite. It's been mentioned in other threads that skaters sometimes seem to play it more cautious than usual in an Olympic season; they're more likely to be careful and rest injuries that they might compete with otherwise, since they want to be sure they're in top shape for the O word. So there's hope it's that in this case.

Of course, it's too bad she won't be there. Pretty sparse ladies field.

penguin

On the Ice
It may be the opposite. It's been mentioned in other threads that skaters sometimes seem to play it more cautious than usual in an Olympic season; they're more likely to be careful and rest injuries that they might compete with otherwise, since they want to be sure they're in top shape for the O word. So there's hope it's that in this case.

Of course, it's too bad she won't be there. Pretty sparse ladies field.

Ah, that's a much more reassuring way to look at it. Though I agree that the competitions are getting rather sparse with all the late withdrawals.

Krislite

Medalist
[...]Of course, it's too bad she won't be there. Pretty sparse ladies field.

If Carolina doesn't make it to the GPF, then it will have been a quite lackluster Grand Prix Series for the ladies. Only a few months ago we thought the GPF would be the first epic battle among the top three before Sochi.

elif

Medalist
If Carolina doesn't make it to the GPF, then it will have been a quite lackluster Grand Prix Series for the ladies. Only a few months ago we thought the GPF would be the first epic battle among the top three before Sochi.
What Carolina needs to do for make it to the final?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
As much as I love Kostner, I doubt it will happen.
Shame too, she has really become a wonderful skater in recent years.

one key skater will be Sotnikova, if she wins silver , Kostner will have to get one those two scenarios at CoR
if Sotnikova gets bronze then all Carolina needs is a silver medal with 180+ points will be enough to push out Sotnikova

silverlake22

Record Breaker
If Tuk is hurt and unable to skate to the best of her abilities I think it's smarter for her not to compete at COR honestly. She'd have to win to make the GPF and Adelina and Anna have both already qualified and Julia is likely to join them. A sub-par competition for Tuk could lower her stock heading into RN and I don't think that's something she can really afford with Julia skating so well this season and Anna rising up the ranks. If she doesn't compete, she doesn't have a chance to make (or miss) the GPF and she can go into Russian Nationals with less pressure. Based on scores this season, she doesn't really have a PCS cushion to Julia or even Anna, and given how consistent those two have been thus far, she really needs to focus on Nationals (and likely Euros) and bring her A game there if she hopes to get to the Olympics. GPF could be a distraction, if she doesn't skate well at COR it could be a red flag and Pogo could overtake her in terms of pecking order for the Olympic spots, and if she's hurt then that could throw a wrench in everything.

The smartest thing would be to withdraw, recover, then focus on training for Nationals and doing well there. If she goes a little under the radar between now and then, she might feel less pressure and skate better.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
If Tuk is hurt and unable to skate to the best of her abilities I think it's smarter for her not to compete at COR honestly. She'd have to win to make the GPF and Adelina and Anna have both already qualified and Julia is likely to join them. A sub-par competition for Tuk could lower her stock heading into RN and I don't think that's something she can really afford with Julia skating so well this season and Anna rising up the ranks. If she doesn't compete, she doesn't have a chance to make (or miss) the GPF and she can go into Russian Nationals with less pressure. Based on scores this season, she doesn't really have a PCS cushion to Julia or even Anna, and given how consistent those two have been thus far, she really needs to focus on Nationals (and likely Euros) and bring her A game there if she hopes to get to the Olympics. GPF could be a distraction, if she doesn't skate well at COR it could be a red flag and Pogo could overtake her in terms of pecking order for the Olympic spots, and if she's hurt then that could throw a wrench in everything.

The smartest thing would be to withdraw, recover, then focus on training for Nationals and doing well there. If she goes a little under the radar between now and then, she might feel less pressure and skate better.

Very true. At this point I don't see her making the team regardless though.