Super snowfall!!! | Golden Skate

Super snowfall!!!

Figureskates

On the Ice
There is a monster lake effect snow event going on southeast of Lake Ontario.

As of 1:30 this afternoon the following amounts have been recorded:

Parish, NY 69 inches
West Monroe 50 inches

Snowfall rates are 4 to 6 inches an hour and will continue into Saturday with another 18 to 24 inches possible.

Now that would choke a snowblower!!!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
We're supposed to get freezing rain with lots of ice tonight or tomorrow.:mad:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
We sure had our ice yesterday but it warmed up overnight and is melted so guess I am going to Church after all. :laugh: It is supposed to snow this afternoon.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
It's a little chilly here, too. I might have to put on a sweater over my T-shirt!:laugh: :D :) :laugh: :D :) :love:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Wow! Am I glad our snow came and went. We did not get anything like that, but here on the West Coast it turns the place into a driving nightmare at just the mention of snow.

Hope those folks get shoveled out!!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We (in Omaha Nebraska) currently have 21 inches of snow and they are predicting another snow fall again on Wednesday into Thursday. I am so tired of cleaning snow off my car and scraping the ice.

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
We ended up with about 2 1/2 inches. I am really thankful I have a garage! Our street doesn't get plowed so probably won't get anywhere soon as there is more coming tomorrow. This has been one of our coldest winters. But nowhere near the really coldest. Either way I am sick of it. So far, I've had to cancel my diabetes classes and tomorrow will have to cancel my eye Dr. appt. I just don't drive on snow and ice.

2loop2002

Rinkside
There's more than a foot of snow on the ground in my part of Kansas right now. It may not sound like much to those from the far northeast states, but it's more than I remember seeing here in a long time.

Eleven inches fell from Sunday into Monday morning which covered up the quarter inch of ice from the freezing rain on Saturday. The University cancelled classes on Monday due to the weather, because none of the streets had been cleared. The sun came out on Tues. and Wed. and melted a tiny little bit of the snow. This morning there was about 2 inches of new snow and it kept snowing until noon. We probably ended up getting 4 inches of it. The university closed at 2 o'clock, so that they could clear the campus sidewalks, parking lots and streets of the slippery slushy snow once everyone got their cars out. I almost fell a couple of times, but made it home safely.

This snow should be around for a while. The temperature isn't forecast to get above freezing until a week from tomorrow. :eek:

Stay warm everyone!
2loop

heyang

Record Breaker
I met someone today who was up by Lake Ontario visiting a friends. He said in 3 days, that area was hit with 8 1/2 FEET of snow. I know he said feet - not inches - because I couldn't quite believe it.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
We had at least 2 more inches but it was a wet snow and has kind of melted down to where there's somewhere between 3 and 4 inches or less on the ground. Stayed about 31 today and not supposed to be above freezing for about a week here too.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Yes I live in a tundra but

my next door neighbors who live in San Diego but are here (navy) for 2 years almost lost their home. Their daughter was really afraid, wanted to leave but her parents wanted her to stay and not evacuate the dog and cat.

So while Southern CA can be beautiful, the fires, earthquakes, mudslides are very daunting. This couple have 2 kids and a set of parents in the area, and would rebuild if they had to. Still, with natural disasters all over the place, no one is all that safe.

At least my town is not likely to be a terrorist site. I think:confused: