Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Pairs Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

Custom Title
    Am I correct in thinking that if S/S win at Cof R and M/T-M come 2nd the result would be a 3 way tie for the 6th spot in the GP final between the 2 Chinese teams and D/R? If that is the case who gets the spot? Thanks to anybody who can sort this out for me !!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that if S/S win at Cof R and M/T-M come 2nd the result would be a 3 way tie for the 6th spot in the GP final between the 2 Chinese teams and D/R? If that is the case who gets the spot? Thanks to anybody who can sort this out for me !!
    A 3 way tie for 5th you mean. It would be D&R and P&Z who make it in. Sui & Han would miss out on the tiebreaker.

Custom Title
    It doesn't matter who comes first. Either way, the top four would be
    30 V/T
    30 S/S
    28 P/T
    26 M-T/M

or

30 V/T
    28 M-T/M
    28 S/S
    28 P/T

The last two places will go to Duhamel/Radford and Peng/Zhang based on total score.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    How Duhamel & Radford get such high PCS, especialy when they don't skate cleanly, is beyond any comprehension. She has the style, polish, and basic skating skills of an ostrich with one broken leg, and as a team they are poorly matched.
    Agreed I don't understand their PCS at all- especially when they're not clean. They remind me a ton of Castelli/Shnapir (height difference and all) only I find Marissa and Simon more enjoyable. D/R have harder tech content and generally more consistency. But C/S have vastly superior lift positions & Marissa has a star quality that Meaghan lacks.

Skate Canada would be wise to push MTM/M as their #1.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's a bit frustrating to see Pang/Tong have such a huge PCS cushion.
    Like I said at Cup of China, I think they've got the best Pairs program of the season! Today I showed their TEB performance to the person I'm dating and he was humming their music while we walked around later on.

Anyway, it's too bad this competition was such a mess. I hope Pang/Tong will skate their best at the Olympics.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    Oh yes john coughlin was yummi hot in that thank top!
    Blame my old mobile camera for not getting a better pic http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/515/gzg9.jpg

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by age20 View Post
    Pang has been consistent this season
    She's been cheating most of her 3toes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Like I said at Cup of China, I think they've got the best Pairs program of the season!
    In terms of choreography and transitions? No way. They perform it very well in terms of expression and controlled movement but the program itself is a bit sparse, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    Agreed I don't understand their PCS at all- especially when they're not clean.
    They arguably have the most complex choreography and the most transitions out of all Senior Pair teams.

I agree that they should be marked down on SS and PE for not having basics as good as most other top teams but as we all know, judges fail at showing variation in the PCS marks because of:

1) Anchoring
    2) The Corridor

Custom Title
    A rink-side observation:

Here was me (naively?) thinking the top pairs stayed in synch during spins etc... because they had simply learned to "skate as one". I've been to many competitions, but this was the first one where - presumably due to a "perfect storm" of low music volume, my position, and arena acoustics - I could clearly hear the pairs calling out the changes to each other O_o

A little bit of the magic just died :-/

On the other hand, Morgan Cipres going down into a lunge while holding Vanessa James in a one-hand-each overhead lift... added some new magic! That was a "wow" moment for me, something I'd never seen before...

Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    A rink-side observation:

Here was me (naively?) thinking the top pairs stayed in synch during spins etc... because they had simply learned to "skate as one". I've been to many competitions, but this was the first one where - presumably due to a "perfect storm" of low music volume, my position, and arena acoustics - I could clearly hear the pairs calling out the changes to each other O_o

A little bit of the magic just died :-/
    The mics for years have picked up on the calling out the count on spins, skaters also talk to each other at times to make sure timing is still on for lifts, throws, etc... so, yeah, the magic was never really there - just appeared to be

On the other hand, Morgan Cipres going down into a lunge while holding Vanessa James in a one-hand-each overhead lift... added some new magic! That was a "wow" moment for me, something I'd never seen before...
    that was definitely AWESOME.

Custom Title
    Yes it is very common to hear a pair skater calling to the partner for synchronization reasons. Occasionally an expression of love is uttered. David P told Jamie S how pretty she was. Ah, the way they were.

I learned to count 123 in various languages from watching synchro diving.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    She's been cheating most of her 3toes, though.

In terms of choreography and transitions? No way. They perform it very well in terms of expression and controlled movement but the program itself is a bit sparse, IMO.

They arguably have the most complex choreography and the most transitions out of all Senior Pair teams.

I agree that they should be marked down on SS and PE for not having basics as good as most other top teams but as we all know, judges fail at showing variation in the PCS marks because of:

1) Anchoring
    2) The Corridor

Hi P/T hater, compared to V/T, P/T's PCS is nothing,,,,

talking about TR,,,,, do you really think V/T deserve that high TR score?

among the top pairs, i dont want but have to say V/T has the least complex TR, especially compared to S/S and D/R, can you explain why they got much higher score?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8