Pairs Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Look at Bazarova's face when she discovered that they are behind D/C :rofl:
(my pairs predictions now are officially a disaster :slink: )

sweetskates1

Medalist
Really!?! I actually like B/L - I find their look polished and Vera lovely! Except she seems to "cheat" all of her landings. I do not know anything about fs technique or scoring but that it what it looks like to me. D/C seem to not even try to improve their artistic expression and presentation - that is what bothers me immensely.

Probably the only person here who likes D/C :biggrin: Let me say that I didn't like B/L AT ALL!! :disapp:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)

Music: Alice in Wonderland (soundtrack) by Danny Elfman
Everlasting by Two Steps from Hell

3Tw - ok, bit low catch
3Lz - landed, maybe bit scratchy
RLi - bit hesitant start
BoDs
PCoSp
3S+2T - he has hand down on 3S, doesn't do combo
ALi
3LoTh - bit low free leg
3LzTh
Li - bit hesitant
ChSq
FCCoSp

Some small mistakes, they looked a bit careful on some elements. Should be enough to keep them in 1st for now.

Score: 62.37+62.45 = 124.82 (SB), 190.89 (SB), 1st out of 7

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Eric looked seriously in pain during those lift... He really looked out of stamina

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Kill me if you want for saying this but: to me, D/R are just so sloppy and unpolished. World bronze medalists, really? Over M-T/M? Every jump is sloppy, the set-ups are wayyyy to long for a top team, the SS have not improved, and to me, the music is just generic dramatic movie music I've heard 100 times purposefully used to disguise a lack of artistry and get the audience into the ending

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It looks like D/R's tech score is behind D/C's according to the box. Hopefully their SP score and PCs can put them ahead.

zamboni step

Final Flight
For a large portion of that it looked like they were portraying the story of if Alice and the Mad Hatter smoked the caterpillar's opium and thus lost all facial expression other than the blank vacant one they sported. Her posture needs professional help now!!

tulosai

Record Breaker
D/R have definitely left the door open for P/T.

To me their program has improved a lot on second viewing. I think I get the concept better now, and it is a cool one and wel choreographed.

Something is off about them this season though, and it's not just that I kind of dislike them (though I do). They seem less solid, and they don't have the artistry or (judged fairly) PCS (other than transitions and sometimes choreo- their transitions are the best) to make up for it. I hope they will gel later in the season (but not so much that MT-M can't beat them :) LOVE MT-M)

sweetskates1

Medalist
I was so much more impressed with D/R when they skated this at the beginning of the season. This music suits them, I think, but it looked labored and slightly off.

Duhamel/Radford - Fantastic detail in the choreography, both in terms of upper body movement and connecting elements. Good expression throughout.

Their lifts are still weak and stick out like a sore thumb in comparison with the rest of their skating.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN)

Music: I Dreamed a Dream (from "Les Miserables") by Claude-Michel Schoenberg

2A+2A+SEQ - he singles and doesn't complete seq
3T - he stepouts/hand down
3Tw - solid
BoDs
FCCoSp - good unison
ChSq
RLi
3STh - twofooted
3LoTh - bit hesitant on free leg
Li
Li
PCoSp

Some big costly mistakes. They might fall behind D/R

Score: 60.00+66.17 = 126.17 (SB), 193.86, 1st overall

tulosai

Record Breaker
Judged fairly and also accounting for the SP they would go into first. Their PCS on everything but transitions should be well above D/R. Choreo should be tied.

That said if it doesn't, they gave it away. His mistakes on the jumps were VERY costly.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Disastrous skate for P/T, missed three jumps out of four :disapp: :bang: D/R could still win with that sloppy skate...

sweetskates1

Medalist
Yea, D/R looked so much more 'on' and emotional the first time around - but they got a SB so I am not sure what happened. It is quite difficult for the untrained to understand scoring. I still really enjoy P/T but their technical score in the upper corner box seems awfully high. I am going to bawl my eyes out if they medal at the Olympics :cry: They are my sentimental favorites in pairs.

d/r Just didn't see the connection to the music or the audience