Pairs Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

zamboni step

Final Flight
J/C's mixture of intensity and speed is enthralling. That's not easy music to pull off but they really nailed it!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN (USA)

Music: Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber

3Tw - good height, caught early
3LoTh - good flow
3T - clean, but unison off
2A+2T+2T - again clean, but unison very off
FCCoSp - unison bit off at start
Li
3LzTh - solid
ChSq
Li
BoDs - could be lower
Li - carry lift
PCoSp

Techically strong and powerful skate. Sadly they don't have elegance in lifts and jumps and sublety in presentation, but they are rock solid.

Score: 63.54+56.95 = 120.49 (SB),184.01 (SB)

Denney/Coughlin - More expression and interpretation of the music than we’ve seen in the past from them but the program lacked transitions and had long entries into a lot of the elements.

zamboni step

Final Flight
I missed the first minute of D/C's program...and I'm totally ok with that. That last lift with the climax was dire in terms of the position matching the emotion of the music....:confused:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Denney/Coughlin - More expression and interpretation of the music than we’ve seen in the past from them but the program lacked transitions and had long entries into a lot of the elements.

Yeah, that. I'm never gonna like these two, I'm afraid.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS)

Music: Polovetsian Dances (from "Prince Igor") by Alexander Borodin

She's in red, brown and gold shredded dress. He's in black pants, brown golden vest over black shirt.

3T - he doubles
2A - he falls, no seq from both. Hers looked <
3FTh - almost hand down?
FiDs
FCCoSp
3Tw - good height
Li - nice positions
3LoTh - hand down
ChSq
Li - cool entry
RLi
PCoSp

They have some nice lifts, but the sbs jumps were as usual a mess. And both throws not clean either. It's gonna be close

Score: 55.43+59.97-1.00 = 114.40, 180.07, 2nd out of 6

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Probably the only person here who likes D/C :biggrin: Let me say that I didn't like B/L AT ALL!! :disapp:

Bazarova/Larionov - Fantastic lifts and twist lift. Decent basic skating. The program lacked character and expression, however, and their postures and lines (his especially) still leave a lot to be desired.

Whilst some of their pair elements are very strong, they seem stuck in a rut as far as improving the PCS aspects of their skating is concerned.

tulosai

Record Breaker
B/L's SBS jumps are certainly a hopeless case but their lifts are :jaw:

D/C have beaten them, and thus FlattFan's long ago prediction comes to pass.