Pairs Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

Kill me if you want for saying this but: to me, D/R are just so sloppy and unpolished. World bronze medalists, really? Over M-T/M? Every jump is sloppy, the set-ups are wayyyy to long for a top team, the SS have not improved, and to me, the music is just generic dramatic movie music I've heard 100 times purposefully used to disguise a lack of artistry and get the audience into the ending

Duhamel/Radford's basics aren't very good but there are a lot of positive aspects to their skating.

tulosai

Record Breaker
WOOOO HOOOOO P/T first.

Of course this means my predictions are beyond redemption...

sweetskates1

Medalist
If P/T can medal at the Olympics it will be so amazing and grand! It seems like they've still got it; just a rough skate with unfortunate mistakes at the start :no:

Disastrous skate for P/T, missed three jumps out of four :disapp: :bang: D/R could still win with that sloppy skate...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
yes P/T is first
D/R bronze got to bite them MT-M should easily beat these two in nationals
B/L are now in No.3 position, S/K are in for Rus No.2 watch their PCS rise further at CoR

tulosai

Record Breaker
Never thought I'd say it but actually think D/R were LOWBALLED on PCS relative to P/T in TR and CH, especially TR. I am sorry, but if there is one thing D/R can do, it is transitions. CH may be a matter of preference- P/T's is also amazing and much different than D/R- but TR is not a matter of preference.

Oh well.

Otherwise I agree with the scoring and placements.

It's a bit frustrating to see Pang/Tong have such a huge PCS cushion. Their movement was quite elegant and composed, they've shown decent expression and the element layout didn't seem too bad but I don't think they were that much better than everyone else (they definitely didn't have more TR than D/R - but then: anchoring).

If P/T can medal at the Olympics it will be so amazing and grand! It seems like they've still got it; just a rough skate with unfortunate mistakes at the start :no:

I don't think they've had a single clean performance this season yet.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Never thought I'd say it but actually think D/R were LOWBALLED on PCS relative to P/T in TR and CH, especially TR. I am sorry, but if there is one thing D/R can do, it is transitions. CH may be a matter of preference- P/T's is also amazing and much different than D/R- but TR is not a matter of preference.

Oh well.

Otherwise I agree with the scoring and placements.

Have you seen the sbs Triple Lutzes - they spend half the rink on those outside edges before a sloppy landing and then crossovers out of them

Have you seen the sbs Triple Lutzes - they spend half the rink on those outside edges before a sloppy landing and then crossovers out of them

Pretty much every single team has long entries in and out of the jumps (and not just at TEB).

sweetskates1

Medalist
At this point, I think MT-M are #1 Canadians. The Russians all blend together in my mind except for V/T. So current overall standings: V/T- 1, S/S- 2, P/T- 3?

yes P/T is first
D/R bronze got to bite them MT-M should easily beat these two in nationals
B/L are now in No.3 position, S/K are in for Rus No.2 watch their PCS rise further at CoR

At this point, I think MT-M are #1 Canadians. The Russians all blend together in my mind except for V/T. So current overall standings: V/T- 1, S/S- 2, P/T- 3?

Pang/Tong are not going to win Bronze with those kind of performances unless everybody else bombs as well. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch have scored 208.45 at SA.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Pretty much every single team has long entries in and out of the jumps (and not just at TEB).

This. Also you have to think of TR holistically and relative to other teams. (I don't mean judges should judge them relative to other teams, but once the scores are out there, as a viewer/fan, it is very fair to analyze the PCS of the teams against one another). My beef was not with D/R's TR score, but with their TR score relative to P/T's. What amazing TR did I miss from P/T going in and out of their jumps? Frankly, what amazing TR did I miss in P/T's whole program that would justify them being ahead on this PCS component?

Please note, I DO NOT like D/R. I don't wish them ill, and am not blind to the good in their skating (like TR) but I am no D/R defender and I sometimes skip watching them because I can't stand it. Conversely, P/T are one of my fave teams, certainly my sentimental favorite. There is still no way a non blind person can think P/T have more TR than D/R.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

V/T are a class of their own, but everyone else can be switched D/R have been lack luster, P/T seems the judges are still happy to reward them
if they can skate clean they can medal in the Olympics, MT-M have better chance than D/R. its S/S and MT-M that are almost tied for second standings

actually S/K are being pushed ahead of B/L, at a national competition last month they beat B/L with a FS score of 130+ with PCS almost the same

sweetskates1

Medalist
The much more knowledgeable posters seem to point out D/R's lack of basic skating skills all the time. I think they have a much better 'look' on the ice this season but I am not sure what their PCS should look like. P/T just look so elegant and beautiful - I think they should be way above in PCS but those mistakes looked like they merited much lower technical scores. It is hard when the mistakes are so obvious and at the beginning because it distracts from the perfectly executed, great elements that follow. Anyway, I prefer P/T over D/R today. I just did not expect the standings to be the way they are.

It's a bit frustrating to see Pang/Tong have such a huge PCS cushion. Their movement was quite elegant and composed, they've shown decent expression and the element layout didn't seem too bad but I don't think they were that much better than everyone else (they definitely didn't have more TR than D/R - but then: anchoring).

I don't think they've had a single clean performance this season yet.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
B/L PCS actually dropped, I guess their Fed realized Bazarova's tiny jumps and have gone to S/K who have harder and bigger jumps
S/K only needs to work on their potato sack 3twist while B/L are inconsistent will almost all jumps

S/K will beat B/L in PCS at CoR

sweetskates1

Medalist
Looks like next GP in Russia will be a nail-bitter! I am excited for both pairs and ice dance competitions.

B/L PCS actually dropped, I guess their Fed realized Bazarova's tiny jumps and have gone to S/K who have harder and bigger jumps
S/K only needs to work on their potato ack 3twist while B/L are inconsistent will almost all jumps

S/K will beat B/L in PCS at CoR

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Canadian nationals is going to be really interesting. I'm not a D/R hater in the least but I have preferred MT/M this season. I don't think P/T can medal at the Olympics unless he improves his landing frequency on the SBS jumps. I know he's been injured so that will be difficult.