Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: Men Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Because he's refusing to do everything Gailhaguet tells him to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Didn't stay with the coach Gailhaguet wanted him to train with.
    So where is Joubert now, with which coach, in what city etc? I have probably miss a lot on this thing, I find strange that France doesnt fully support him with Amodio having issues and Chaffic being injured.

Is Hanyu's first attempt considered a jumping pass? His program is not very related to the music, except for the last sequence and the ina bauer hightlight, I see nothing of his personality that shines in the awesome sp he skates, in the Lp he looks like rushing through the program, like he is not enjoying it at all.
    Last edited by seniorita; 11-18-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Custom Title
    Really loved Amodio and Brezina when they were coming out of juniors but I don't know where it went wrong. Amodio needs a reboot...a new act. Both needs better programs. I can barely watch them now.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Really loved Amodio and Brezina when they were coming out of juniors but I don't know where it went wrong. Amodio needs a reboot...a new act. Both needs better programs. I can barely watch them now.
    I was expecting Amodio to do better this season when I read that he would be working with Yag and others. I always enjoy his 'fun skating style' and 'smooth looks' . Maybe it's just too short a time to tweak his skills. Hopefully, it will come to fruition at the Europeans.

Custom Title
    We still haven't seen Brian Joubert and Kevin Reynolds - I fear Reynolds will not do well having not skated before the intiernational panel. Does anyone know what is going on with Joubert? What is his status with the French federation.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I actually love Amodio as a performer.

Custom Title
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this already (didn't see anything after a quick scan) - but apparently Hanyu said in post-FS interview for Japanese TV... that he hit a rut in the ice just before his first quad, giving him no chance to make the jump. This affected him mentally for the second quad too.

Not that it mattered. I'm not a Chan fan at all, but he was On Fire... and no matter what you think of him, the judges, the scoring, or any of his competitors... it was a hugely impressive display of skating skill and prowess, and nobody could have beaten him here. I'm sure there will be the usual complaints about individual scores, but IMO there was no doubt about who's skating deserved the win.

I'm just happy that Hanyu kept it together for the rest of his FS - two silver medals books a place at the GP final, doesn't it?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post

Is Hanyu's first attempt considered a jumping pass? His program is not very related to the music, except for the last sequence and the ina bauer hightlight, I see nothing of his personality that shines in the awesome sp he skates, in the Lp he looks like rushing through the program, like he is not enjoying it at all.
    When he attempted 4S, his blade was stuck in the ditch of the edge made by other skaters or something like that. He got shaken up, rushed and fell badly on 4T. But after that I think he pulled out of it pretty well. Missed the first 2 quads and still earned 168.22 is not bad.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay
    I'm just happy that Hanyu kept it together for the rest of his FS - two silver medals books a place at the GP final, doesn't it?
    Yes! Yuzuru is definitly in the Final, alongside Patrick (who is the only one until now to qualify with better results than him), Daisuke and Han.

About what he said in an interview afterwards: I was sitting in the 2nd row for the men's FS, and I thought it was pretty easy to see that he skated into a rut or something like that. I'm suprised it was called as a 1S at all, he didn't really get up into the air at all and he had a suprised look on his face.
    It's true that he still has trouble with the 4S in competition, but his success rate in practice is actually really good. He did one in the 6 min warm-up too. Maybe it's more of a mental thing with this jump. He just needs to hit it for the first bloody time, and then it might get easier for him. Anyway, he's not going to take the 4S out. He loves doing quads, has said numerous times he wants to learn all quads and that he really wants to skate 3 quad LP someday.

Custom Title
    Poor Hanyu he must have been so upset about that. I noticed in Skate Canada there were huge chunks of ice in the rink in one corner.

I think this happened to Patrick once too at the GPF. At that time every skater who skated to that spot had a fall either on a jump or even just skating. The ice is slippery in more than one way.

I hope the Olympic ice is perfect so that every skater can do their best without these other factors.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Yes! Yuzuru is definitly in the Final, alongside Patrick (who is the only one until now to qualify with better results than him), Daisuke and Han.

About what he said in an interview afterwards: I was sitting in the 2nd row for the men's FS, and I thought it was pretty easy to see that he skated into a rut or something like that. I'm suprised it was called as a 1S at all, he didn't really get up into the air at all and he had a suprised look on his face.
    It's true that he still has trouble with the 4S in competition, but his success rate in practice is actually really good. He did one in the 6 min warm-up too. Maybe it's more of a mental thing with this jump. He just needs to hit it for the first bloody time, and then it might get easier for him. Anyway, he's not going to take the 4S out. He loves doing quads, has said numerous times he wants to learn all quads and that he really wants to skate 3 quad LP someday.
    If you never lift off from the ice, can you attempt the jump again? Its like what happen to Asada in 2008, before she takes off on her 3A, she skit and fell but the judges still consider as attempting a jump.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee
    The ice is slippery in more than one way.
    Yunamao, who was sitting next to me, and I wondered already before the competition, that the ice locked very soft and even watery in some places. It was pretty warm in the arena too, just my normal sweater was enough...

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000
    If you never lift off from the ice, can you attempt the jump again? Its like what happen to Asada in 2008, before she takes off on her 3A, she skit and fell but the judges still consider as attempting a jump.
    Don't think so. It would count as zayaking

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    If you skit off an edge, or don't do the jump (I think Kim once left out a jumping pass because she didn't feel comfortable doing it), then usually the pass is counted (it's stricken through if it ends up not being any single+ jump). Not to mention, there's usually not much room left in a program to add in an extra pass without overhauling choreography (nor would you want to risk that in case the judges thought you did an extra jumping pass).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfF73toxx_A You can see in the replay here that he transferred hit weight back onto his left heel, and the edge stopped running, so hitting a rut is indeed possible. That sucks... a huge distraction, and 10 points blown. As for hoping the ice is cleaner in the Olympics, sometimes a rut is a rut created by another skater so it doesn't matter how well the ice was surfaced.

Custom Title
    I say a big bravo to Hanyu for a great recovery after such an unfortunate disturbance and loss.

It says a winning mindset and bodes very well for future competitions.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I say a big bravo to Hanyu for a great recovery after such an unfortunate disturbance and loss.

It says a winning mindset and bodes very well for future competitions.
    It's a great learning experience and showed true knack as a competitor. Unfortunate though that he couldn't shake off the 4S miss before his second quad (not that it would have made a difference in the standings), but the rest of the jumps were good (even the sequence looked like he might have missed it, but fought for it).

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24