Men Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

Shayuki

Record Breaker
This technical score seems to be going along the same road asf his SP... Women's score.

Miracles need to happen for this to not be 10th.

Alexander Majorov - There were sections in the program where he showed decent expression, reflecting the upbeat character of the music quite well but then there were also a lot of empty points where he just stroked into jumps, not paying attention to the music. The program lacked transitions with most jump entries being very long.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Does anyone else find Nan Song's LP lacking when comparing it to the person who owns this Music (IMO)? (It's Matt Savoie, btw.)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nan SONG (CHN)

Music: The Mission by Ennio Morricone

3T+3T
4T - hand down, stepout
3A+2T
FCSp - strained position
StSq
3A - skid landing, but held on
3Lz+2T - bit halt on lutz
3Lo - low, turnout
CSSp
3S
2A
ChSt
CCoSp

Lots of little mistakes. He seems disappointed.

Score: 70.85+62.52 = 133.37 (SB), 204.73 (SB), 1st out of 2

Song Nan - He showed good lines and his upper body movement was quite elegant and refined. The choreography lacked variety and highlights, however and his skating is still quite introverted.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I had great expectations with Nan Song but something happened I think it was after Four Continents two seasons ago - he is just not as great as I believed he was destined to be. He has such elegance and a very particular grace. I love watching him even with the mistakes and he is not Jeremy Abbott but there is something so lovely about watching him perform.. but the mistakes :bang:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is it me or does it seem that Brezina likes skating to the same type of "Gangster-style" free programs?

I was totally smitten with Brezina when he first did American in Paris back in 2010....sort of sad that he hasn't lived up to his potential.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I feel like Brezina is one of the more stylish skaters but these mistakes just are way too much.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Michal BREZINA (CZE)

Music: Sherlock Holmes (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

4S+2T - turn in-between
3A
4S - fall, maybe <
FSSp
StSq
3A+3T - fall, maybe 3T<
1F
3Lo
3Lz
ChSt
1S+2T
CCoSp
CSSp

Two falls and two pops - not his best skate by far.

Score: 66.13+70.16-2.00 = 134.31, 206.22, 1st out of 3

sweetskates1

Medalist
MB used to make me want to pee my pants when competed against my beloved skaters - I saw such great potential in him. What happened? Why all the falls and mistakes? I feel like I can bet money on him falling multiple times every time he skates.

And, Richard Dornbush truly was amazing with his Sherlock Holmes a couple years ago - way better than Brezina today.

Michal Brezina - His upper body movement was in character of the music and a lot of the time, he interpreted it well. However, the program was also very empty in places, with nothing other than long entries into the jumps.

Second 4salchow and 3toe after the 3axel were underrotated, possibly <.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
MB used to make me want to pee my pants when competed against my beloved skaters - I saw such great potential in him. What happened? Why all the falls and mistakes? I feel like I can bet money on him falling multiple times every time he skates.

And, Richard Dornbush truly was amazing with his Sherlock Holmes a couple years ago - way better than Brezina today.

I was thinking about Ricky when I heard the music, which makes me sad too, because that's the last program where Ricky really killed it. I'm hoping that perhaps could change this season.