Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Dance - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

Custom Title
    Im sorry but V/M freedance is just not good. almost no reaction from the crowd. The russians were much better.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    As much as I hate to say this, I think the judges got it right.

Pechalat/Bourzat seemed to have lost their momentum since their injury. It was skated ok but it didn’t have the speed, power and the quality of execution you would expect from a team challenging for a bronze OWG medal.

Their showed quite good expression and freedom in their upper body movement but the program still isn’t very fleshed out and looks like an early version. It lacks highlights. Nice variation of speed, though.
    I actually agree with you regarding this. I/K were missing something...but so was P/B...it really lacked the crisp quality we saw in a few weeks ago.

V/M's TES is sort of low-ish.

Custom Title
    P/B are slow and their twizzles are no good. I liked the FD more today than at their last GP presentation but um

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    and that can go higher !!

Pechalat/Bourzat seemed to have lost their momentum since their injury. It was skated ok but it didn’t have the speed, power and the quality of execution you would expect from a team challenging for a bronze OWG medal.

Their showed quite good expression and freedom in their upper body movement but the program still isn’t very fleshed out and looks like an early version. It lacks highlights. Nice variation of speed, though.

skating philosopher
    And that TES box keeps dropping...

Wow, they lose in TES to I/K of all people! And two deductions. They look dumbfounded.

Custom Title
    No SO from the crowd I think.. Tessa's green dress is more grand but I think it looks like a Christmas display window... I thought the FD looked better in some portions but it is just not a wowing program.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    Im sorry but V/M freedance is just not good. almost no reaction from the crowd. The russians were much better.

Custom Title
    V/M overall score not that high. What's the -2 deduction for--extended lift?

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Virtue/Moir - Very well skated, quite effortless throughout. Smooth and light over the ice.

As far as the choreography is concerned, Zoueva has really outdid herself in terms of how cheesy, tacky and banal her programs can be.

Custom Title
    спорт's comentator is sooooo annoying

Yeah, it seems there were certainly deductions being taken afterwards. Anyone knowledgeable in ice dance that can explain?

I am starting to really warm to V&M's FD, though. It wasn't love at first sight, but it's definitely grown on me.

I/K should have won the FD
    V/M with that skate at the PCS cushion, FD is not as good as their SD, with a performance like that nothing inetresting
    Im sorry hope that wont win a silver in Sochi

Custom Title
    One can only thank that Ms. Blumberg won't be at Sochi as a Tech caller.

Custom Title

Yes I think so. They are slower than Russians and its not like this program harder than I/K. Judges still loving them of course. They are giving their very slow twizzles +2.

Virtue/Moir lost a level I think. Could be one of the lifts.

Custom Title
    Virtue/Moir - Very well skated, quite effortless throughout. Smooth and light over the ice.

As far as the choreography is concerned, Zoueva has really outdid herself in terms of how cheesy, tacky and banal her programs can be.
    SO TRUE

Would V/M stand a better chance if they went back to an old FD like their Mahler? And maybe modified it?

Custom Title
    And the judges give it the right score. FINALLY. V/M have a great short dance, I give them that. But the freedance is so bad and boring, what is the whole point to that dance anyway? I looked at their Olympic FD last night and that was a masterpiece. Now watch the FD right after that one and you will see what I mean. They have definitely regressed A LOT! And in 2010 Tessa used to have an exquisite body line, I see what people meant now when they say that but even that is no longer there. Elena has her beat in that department now.

Minority member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Excidra! Welcome back! My favorite Irina S. fan!
    Hi Mathman! I know it's been a long time since I've posted here, but I do lurk quite often though. I remember conversing with you on here back in 2002-2005. You were always nice to. Them you!

I miss Irina sooooo much. I like some of the current ladies, but none come close to my Irina. Haha

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast