Free Dance - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Free Dance - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
As much as I hate to say this, I think the judges got it right.

Pechalat/Bourzat seemed to have lost their momentum since their injury. It was skated ok but it didn’t have the speed, power and the quality of execution you would expect from a team challenging for a bronze OWG medal.

Their showed quite good expression and freedom in their upper body movement but the program still isn’t very fleshed out and looks like an early version. It lacks highlights. Nice variation of speed, though.

I actually agree with you regarding this. I/K were missing something...but so was P/B...it really lacked the crisp quality we saw in a few weeks ago.

V/M's TES is sort of low-ish.

sweetskates1

Medalist
P/B are slow and their twizzles are no good. I liked the FD more today than at their last GP presentation but um :eek:hwell:

and that can go higher !!

Pechalat/Bourzat seemed to have lost their momentum since their injury. It was skated ok but it didn’t have the speed, power and the quality of execution you would expect from a team challenging for a bronze OWG medal.

Their showed quite good expression and freedom in their upper body movement but the program still isn’t very fleshed out and looks like an early version. It lacks highlights. Nice variation of speed, though.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And that TES box keeps dropping...

Wow, they lose in TES to I/K of all people! And two deductions. They look dumbfounded.

sweetskates1

Medalist
No SO from the crowd I think.. Tessa's green dress is more grand but I think it looks like a Christmas display window... I thought the FD looked better in some portions but it is just not a wowing program.

Im sorry but V/M freedance is just not good. almost no reaction from the crowd. The russians were much better.

Virtue/Moir - Very well skated, quite effortless throughout. Smooth and light over the ice.

As far as the choreography is concerned, Zoueva has really outdid herself in terms of how cheesy, tacky and banal her programs can be. :p

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Yeah, it seems there were certainly deductions being taken afterwards. Anyone knowledgeable in ice dance that can explain?

I am starting to really warm to V&M's FD, though. It wasn't love at first sight, but it's definitely grown on me.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I/K should have won the FD :disagree:
V/M with that skate at the PCS cushion:rolleye:, FD is not as good as their SD, with a performance like that nothing inetresting
Im sorry hope that wont win a silver in Sochi

elif

Medalist

Yes I think so. They are slower than Russians and its not like this program harder than I/K. Judges still loving them of course. They are giving their very slow twizzles +2.:disapp:

Virtue/Moir lost a level I think. Could be one of the lifts.

kappa_1

On the Ice
Virtue/Moir - Very well skated, quite effortless throughout. Smooth and light over the ice.

As far as the choreography is concerned, Zoueva has really outdid herself in terms of how cheesy, tacky and banal her programs can be. :p

SO TRUE

Would V/M stand a better chance if they went back to an old FD like their Mahler? And maybe modified it?

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
And the judges give it the right score. FINALLY. V/M have a great short dance, I give them that. But the freedance is so bad and boring, what is the whole point to that dance anyway? I looked at their Olympic FD last night and that was a masterpiece. Now watch the FD right after that one and you will see what I mean. They have definitely regressed A LOT! And in 2010 Tessa used to have an exquisite body line, I see what people meant now when they say that but even that is no longer there. Elena has her beat in that department now.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Excidra! Welcome back! My favorite Irina S. fan!

Hi Mathman! I know it's been a long time since I've posted here, but I do lurk quite often though. I remember conversing with you on here back in 2002-2005. You were always nice to. Them you!

I miss Irina sooooo much. I like some of the current ladies, but none come close to my Irina. Haha

sweetskates1

Medalist
I wonder if Tessa and Scott can somehow add more of their own personal choreography or make suggestions. I always wonder because it must be so frustrating to be a top skater and feel that you can be doing better. I also want D/W to add more to their dances, I am not sure what or how or where or when but something new and amazing is in order for both teams. I think V/M's SD is perfect even with the "cheesiness" - but the FD just makes me think that something is wrong or more likely, that they have an 'ace' cooking for nationals/Olympics.

Well if a Russian team must podium at the Olympics as the conspiracy theorists say, I would prefer that it were I/K. It's hard to believe they improved so much in scores over the course of the week; were one of them sick at NHK or something??

They skated much much better here. The difference in the scores seems justified, at least to an extent.

I/K have the best programs this season after D/W

:laugh: Please. Both of their programs are quite sparse choreographically. Not a lot of detail, not particularly complex layout, not a lot of character either. Typical lazy Morozovian choreography. They are excellent, unique skaters and they deserve much better.

V/M overall score not that high. What's the -2 deduction for--extended lift?

Two extended lifts.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

Yes to your first observations and as for the second, I'm glad to see somebody is thinking along the same lines as me. Well performed banal. Spot on.

elif

Medalist
Yeah, it seems there were certainly deductions being taken afterwards. Anyone knowledgeable in ice dance that can explain?

I am starting to really warm to V&M's FD, though. It wasn't love at first sight, but it's definitely grown on me.

I think Virtue didn't hold her blade fast enough at the rotational lift. Scott had problems with first lift also.

emdee

Final Flight
I/K should have won the FD :disagree:
V/M with that skate at the PCS cushion:rolleye:, FD is not as good as their SD, with a performance like that nothing inetresting
Im sorry hope that wont win a silver in Sochi
Here we go again....round and round the sky fly bush....