Free Dance - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Free Dance - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Could that be a 100+ FD?

TES is 50. They get 50 PCS.

That said, the dance seems kind of empty after the first 40 seconds.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I/K bored me this time and I am not sure why since I was so impressed the first time I saw their performance this season. They looked slow and the program seems forgettable. Elena is quite attractive - in appearance and in style. He is lovely too but they were meh despite the technical box number.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Yeah, I'm surprised by Z/G going ahead of P/C. Have to see the protocols. Moving on, I/K did a nice job overall and this should go ahead for now. They do seem to be developing and overcoming some of their issues. Maybe the classics are better program vehicles for them than things like Ghost and gunshots.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And I was right 102+ Good for them for getting the TES....getting the levels is truly key for them.

Ilinykh/Katsalapov - Unique, originals lift and for once they didn’t blow the twizzles. Very strong basic skating featuring smooth and deep edges. Beautiful posture and lines throughout.

A question mark over the choreography, however. In terms of ice coverage and element layout the program didn’t seem particularly impressive and it didn’t have a lot of character or highlights either. Good basics, good elements but they didn’t add up to something more.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ilinykh/Katsalapov - Unique, originals lift and for once they didn’t blow the twizzles. Very strong basic skating featuring smooth and deep edges. Beautiful posture and lines throughout.

A question mark over the choreography, however. In terms of ice coverage and element layout the program didn’t seem particularly impressive and it didn’t have a lot of character or highlights either. Good basics, good elements but they didn’t add up to something more.

Yes, that's how I feel too. There was something missing for me in the overall program. A lack of cohesion perhaps?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Their score is wayyyyy too high, I think. Anyway sky_fly20, I guess I/K = Russian #1. This was the formal announcement.

if they can keep skating like this in the Olympics
then Olympic Bronze is theirs :yes: or even silver with major disaster from V/M

As much as I hate to say this, I think the judges got it right.

Pechalat/Bourzat seemed to have lost their momentum since their injury. It was skated ok but it didn’t have the speed, power and the quality of execution you would expect from a team challenging for a bronze OWG medal.

Their showed quite good expression and freedom in their upper body movement but the program still isn’t very fleshed out and looks like an early version. It lacks highlights. Nice variation of speed, though.

caitie

Medalist
Well if a Russian team must podium at the Olympics as the conspiracy theorists say, I would prefer that it were I/K. It's hard to believe they improved so much in scores over the course of the week; were one of them sick at NHK or something??

P/B :no:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Lol lose to shibutanis beat p/b! Story of I/k. Hope they keep it up but I bet that falling behind shibutanis agian was too embarrassing.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Lol lose to shibutanis beat p/b! Story of I/k. Hope they keep it up but I bet that falling behind shibutanis agian was too embarrassing.

I/K have the best programs this season after D/W
they are OBM contenders, P/B are old and B/S are going backwards

it will be a battle between W/P, C/L and I/K