practice report | Golden Skate

practice report

Tove

On the Ice
We got to see a few pairs and men today, not everybody has arrived yet..

Fitze & Rex - she looks so pale, and not fresh, I feel so sorry for her, I hope she will get past her problems soon. But they're skating is fast with 3t steps 3salchow

Other german pair (sorry, don't remember) - very good body lines and flow, looking forward to them

Rennik & Saks - better than last year, nice lifts

Men:

Plushy - is definetely here, his warm up lasted for 60 minutes, and then he did a good quad and several triples on the ice, and other good jumps, and strong steps. dosen't look 100%...

Danilchenko - looks very sharp, and fit, great choreography and movements, jumps perfectly, except from quad beeing only 3,5 revolutions

Tomas Verner - also appears to be in good shape, good edges, nice jumps

Jurai Sviatko - good, finished his practice with finally nailing the quad'''big surprise for me!! lots of energy

Ilia Klimkin - so sharp, effortless, quad and everything else perfect, his reverse spin lasted for ages, I never thought he's change foot and go around the right way

Sergei Kotov - Schratcy....jumps ok, but nothing new from last year

Hope to come back with more new later:)

Davydov and Murvanidze didn't practice, they were just watching from the cafeteria:p

dfj

On the Ice
Tove said:
Plushy - is definetely here, his warm up lasted for 60 minutes, and then he did a good quad and several triples on the ice, and other good jumps, and strong steps. dosen't look 100%...

This is what I luv about Plushenko. Just read Tove's report here - any other skater would think he had died and was skating in heaven if he could pull all that off with two injured knees.

I just hope he does't ruin himself in the process (I am still trying to understand why he feels he can't let this one go and rest up for Worlds). :(