Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Can Adelina Sotnikova overcome the pressure? (Part 2)

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy
    I would think she wants to add a 7th triple somewhere in that program, especially since she does two 2A's she could easily substitute the last one with a 3Lo. I much prefer her holding back technically and delivering a clean program like she did last weekend though. It's impressive that she can do 6 triples with an edge call on one and still score ~130; I think only Ashley, Akiko and the top 3 can do that.
    Adelina could go for 2 2A3T's too, if she manages to do this combo like she did at TEB more consistently, it would be a huge point-getter.
    I'd rather prefer her focusing more on being clean though too. She did a way better job of interpretating the music and selling the program too in the LP compared to the SP. That confidence is worth a lot more than an additional triple, especially if everything else about your skating is so good.

Banned
    She's a head-caser, sort of like Gracie Gold. Also, her triple flip tends to make her look like an adult skater. Other than that, she's great.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bump View Post
    She's a head-caser, sort of like Gracie Gold. Also, her triple flip tends to make her look like an adult skater. Other than that, she's great.
    Um what female adult skaters do you know that can land a 3F?!

Custom Title
    Its clear from her performances this season, that Sotnikova is becoming far more consistent and self assured. However, the real test will come in Saturday's FS. If she can skate clean, and thereby put together a clean SP & FS in the same competition for the first time in her senior career, that will be the break through moment and will set up as a medal contender in Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Its clear from her performances this season, that Sotnikova is becoming far more consistent and self assured. However, the real test will come in Saturday's FS. If she can skate clean, and thereby put together a clean SP & FS in the same competition for the first time in her senior career, that will be the break through moment and will set up as a medal contender in Sochi.
    I hope so, but some of her jump entrances are shaky so I don't think she will ever be the most consistent skater. But when she puts it all together she is among the best out there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6