Say Something Nice Thread | Golden Skate

Say Something Nice Thread

tulosai

Record Breaker
Your mission is simple, if you choose to accept it:

1) say something positive about a skater or skaters you usually dislike and speak negatively about on the boards
2) Keep comments genuinely positive- not passive aggressive

I thought this might be a nice change from the negativity many posters (including me) sometimes show for certain skaters.

I will go first:

-Caydee Denney and John Coughlin have added some very nice choreographic touches this year. They seem more in tune with the music than they previously were.

No clue if this thread will take off or not but figured it could not hurt to try it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this thread pops up every four years (olympic season) and I always love it! I always had to come up with something nice to say about Michelle Kwan :laugh:

Patrick Chan definitely skates with a smooth confidence.

Barb

Record Breaker
Yu-Na Kim has one of the best camel spins bent-leg layover ? I am not sure the name.
And I love her dress in her imagine program :agree:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Jason Brown's happiness at TEB medal ceremony seems contagious. I felt genuinely happy for him.

I have always admired Daisuke Takahashi's humble characters.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I DID THIS THREAD BEFORE. lol \\

gracie is pretty, stunning body and has style and jumps. I expect great things from her as she matures. (I hope anyway)

YuNa Kim is a good philanthropist. may her generosity inspire everyone to help the Phillipines at this time. Again, Bless you YuNa. You have the best heart besides the best jumps. Please be even more generous is you can afford it!

Mao is a mariposa personified, even if she does under rotate some jumps. Who cares, she's just lovely

Mirai still skates with elegance and lovely extenstions.

Patrick when on is really the best.

Caro, you really grew into thos lovely limbs, it is a joy to watch you when upright.

Scott, you are a good figure skater, even great and are now becoming humble!

All for now. Good thread.

minze

Medalist
Julia has the best spins in the world
Caro has amazing skating skills
Yuna Kim is a philanthropist and an example for rich skaters around the world (are there other rich skaters besides her and Mao)
Sasha Cohen is the inspiration for some of the Russian babies, that makes her a legend
Kanako Murakami has the most contagious happy energy, when she does well

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Plushenko skates on his terms and doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks.
Gracie's short program dress this season is such a great change from her past dresses. She looks great in long sleeves and should wear them more often!
Yu-Na seems to be a genuinely nice person with a big heart.
Caroline Zhang looks to be enjoying herself on the ice, regardless of the result.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ooh yeah I should probably also do Gracie.

Gracie has textbook jumps and very good edges. Her smile really lights up the rink.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Oda has an adorable, spunky personality and seems like a great guy. He has wonderful determination and energy and great knee bend.

Yu-Na is a lovely, ethereal skater who has done so much for the sport- attracting new audiences, organizing shows that provide brilliant talents like Lambiel a creative outlet and mode of expression, elevating the technical and artistic dimensions of amateur skating. She is also a good human being with a big heart.

Denney and Coughlin have excitement and flair in their programs, and show a lot of determination and grit.

Anna P is amazingly successful at getting her jumps rotated.

Max Aaron has a wonderful personality and is humble and hard-working.

Ross Miner is an elegant, mature skater.

THANK YOU TULOSAI!!!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I DID THIS THREAD BEFORE. lol \\

gracie is pretty, stunning body and has style and jumps. I expect great things from her as she matures. (I hope anyway)

YuNa Kim is a good philanthropist. may her generosity inspire everyone to help the Phillipines at this time. Again, Bless you YuNa. You have the best heart besides the best jumps. Please be even more generous is you can afford it!

Mao is a mariposa personified, even if she does under rotate some jumps. Who cares, she's just lovely

Mirai still skates with elegance and lovely extenstions.

Patrick when on is really the best.

Caro, you really grew into thos lovely limbs, it is a joy to watch you when upright.

Scott, you are a good figure skater, even great and are now becoming humble!

All for now. Good thread.

Which Scott are we talking about? Hamilton?

meem

On the Ice
I enjoyed watching Caydee and John's LP today...especially John who has obviously worked hard re: skating with the music, using his arms and hands for expression. IMO he looked like a totally new skater.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Elena and Nikita had a nice recovery from NHK last week. Their SD was really fun! :)

flutzy13

On the Ice
Caydee and John are much more consistent on SBS jumps than any other Us team. And though it pains me, that means hey probably deserve an Olympic berth especially with the team completion.

noskates

Record Breaker
I have to admit that Virtue and Moir were a delight to watch this weekend.

Oh yeah, talked to Max Aaron at a skating show this summer and he has a good smile and nice twinkly eyes. :rolleye:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jeremy's Spy program was really fun. He ought to do more of that rather than tortue killmenow programs.

Adam's Carmen is fierce-o-mite.

Chan's jumps have really got better this season, and he's almost always well-dressed.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
CanadianSkaterGuy is a nice guy and he is fair with Plushy and never mailcious with him. :biggrin: