Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Say Something Nice Thread

Custom Title
    Caydee and John are much more consistent on SBS jumps than any other Us team. And though it pains me, that means hey probably deserve an Olympic berth especially with the team completion.

I like Weir's new image and attitude.

Custom Title
    I have to admit that Virtue and Moir were a delight to watch this weekend.

Oh yeah, talked to Max Aaron at a skating show this summer and he has a good smile and nice twinkly eyes.

Custom Title
    Jeremy's Spy program was really fun. He ought to do more of that rather than tortue killmenow programs.

Adam's Carmen is fierce-o-mite.

Chan's jumps have really got better this season, and he's almost always well-dressed.

CanadianSkaterGuy is a nice guy and he is fair with Plushy and never mailcious with him.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Your mission is simple, if you choose to accept it:

1) say something positive about a skater or skaters you usually dislike and speak negatively about on the boards
    2) Keep comments genuinely positive- not passive aggressive
    Neat thread!

Denney/Coughlin are a well matched team who attack their programs and elements. Their LP choreography this season really matches their music selection to Tosca very well.

Gracie Gold is pretty, has a cute smile, and an adorable accent. She makes me smile every time I hear her talk. I respect her ambition.

Miki Ando's comeback at Nebelhorn Trophy this season was really gutsy and I thought she did a very admirable job so shortly after her pregnancy.

I really do want Mirai Nagasu to regroup, refocus, and put all of the pieces of the puzzle back together again. I've always liked her personality and spinning ability.

I felt deep, sincere empathy for Caroline Zhang at Skate America this season and I really want her to leave the sport with much better performances and spirits than that.

Ross Miner is a cute guy with a cute smile who I hope is able to rediscover his consistency.

I always respected Evan Lysacek's long body lines and the way he attacked his programs when he was competing. He was consistent during his time at the top and was mentally tough.

I like how no skater no matter how good or acclaimed could ever take Rachael Flatt lightly. Regardless of any god given talent, she has/had the heart of a champion.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    Oda has an adorable, spunky personality and seems like a great guy. He has wonderful determination and energy and great knee bend.
    The programs Oda has this year really fit to his personality and thus are very enjoyable.

I think Kaetlyn Osmond has a great personality coupled with big star power. She also has great programs with good music and choreo.

Akiko Suzuki's perseverance is impressive and her skating wonderful.

I like the way how Daisuke Takahashi comes across as a person.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    CanadianSkaterGuy is a nice guy and he is fair with Plushy and never mailcious with him.
    hehehe...

Custom Title
    Jason Brown skates with real showmanship.

Good thread idea and a great way to stretch the mind and gain an eensy bit of perspective. Thanks, tulosai.

When skating a flawless program, Patrick Chan really can look like an artist on ice!

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    V/T deliver astonishing clean elements, and they do it consistently.

The Shibs seem like genuinely nice people, and by all accounts they work very hard. Their improvement so far this year is amazing. I'm interested in seeing how they can reinvent (or redirect the focus of) ice dance over the next four years while dealing with the limitations that come with being a team of siblings.

Hanyu is an obvious talent, and I hope I will begin to appreciate his skating as he matures, as I did with Plushenko.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Sasha Cohen is the inspiration for some of the Russian babies, that makes her a legend
    Agree, Sasha opened the doors on some of the flexibility stuff. Her mark on the sport right now is better than any medal she won or tried to win.

Custom Title
    I want to congratulate all of the ladies that are favorites to medal for dealing with the pressure. Their commitment to what they love is incredible and I think they should all be appreciated and thanked across the board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast