Thread: Who are under rated underscored?

Hybrid View

Who are under rated underscored?

IYHO, who fits this category this year or this quad? All four disciplines. Who are we missing because they are buried further down the list? Thanks. I have limited time and like you want to know id I'm missing quality skaters due to some unforgiveable cop flaw or judging.

Years ago I felt that way about various ladies and men in US. Examples were Jenny , Kirk, Amber Corwin, Tonia Kwiatkowski. Men, Matt Savoi in a big way, Dan Hollander way back. Who are the unsung heroes right now? TY.

I think Nan Song was a bit underscored at this last event (TEB) although I didn't see him at other events. Someone mentioned that his PCs were barely higher than Majorov's which I see as ridiculous. In the ladies Samantha Cesario may be a bit underscored although people say she is slow when you see her live. I can't think of any terribly underscored pairs at the moment. For dance P/B may have been underscored in the SD at C of C. It's hard to say. Scores were generally low at that event.

Oh yeah and Coomes and Buckland aren't placing as well as in previous seasons but I would say they haven't been skating quite as well.

Custom Title
    I find that the Chinese singles skaters as a group are underscored.

Custom Title
    Samantha Cesario for sure ,Gilles/Poirier at NHK,

Custom Title
    Amelie Lacoste and Haruka Imai are terribly underscored in the PCS department. Good basics and details in choreography.

Custom Title
    I feel that Jeremy Abbott is underscored relative to some other skaters. Yeah, I know he has a habit of missing jumps when it counts and that he is his own worst enemy. But he should be blowing some other men away with PCS. In my opinion his only PCS competition is Chan and Takahashi.

In Ladies, people with splatastic performances and ehh PCS seem to be well rewarded. In Men's a couple of wonky quads beats great skating skills with no quad every time.

I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    MAE BERENICE MEITE.

Yes, I needed the all-caps for emphasis. She skates a clean SP, with a 3-3, in an ISU event, and gets 55-57 points. A clean LP with 6 triples gets her 105-110 points, a score Gracie Gold can get with a 3-triple LP.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Nero View Post
    MAE BERENICE MEITE.
    I agree with you. To some extend she makes me think of Surya Bonaly. By the way, Surya will participate as a coach to "Ice Show" on M6 (a french TV channel) which will open next week. Good luck to her and her team!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Internationally Cesario was a Junior until this season. She aged out.
    Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification on that. I did forget that some skaters skate @ the senior level for their home country, while still competing @ the junior level internationally (same case for Keegan Messing, for a few years).

Quote Originally Posted by nipman View Post
    I agree with you. To some extend she makes me think of Surya Bonaly.
    Agreed! A very dynamic skater!