Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NBC Broadcast - Trophee Eric Bompard

Custom Title
    Today's broadcast on NBC was weird. Now I wish I'd watched on Universal when I had the chance (won't make that mistake again). Tara and Johnny rarely id'd any of the jumps and were chatting through the skaters' programs which I found annoying. I was glad not to have to endure Scott's screeches and grunts, but at least there's some life to Scott's commentary. T&J sounded bored IMO (they most likely were not bored but they sure sounded like it). I miss ABC's coverage of figure skating.

Custom Title
    I think today's broadcast didn't work as well as the previous ones because there were three people commenting. Johnny is the one who has so far been doing actual analysis of jumps, technique, etc., and he has done a terrific job with it. He was wonderful last weekend when he and Terry commented both ladies and men in Tara's absence. I'm afraid that when you need to give all three a chance to speak, there's less of an opportunity for the kind of analysis Johnny has done in the previous broadcasts. I hope they switch the format back to just two commentators. Frankly, I'd rather have Johnny and Terry do the commentary for both ladies and men... And could we please get some pairs and dance too, NBC?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    What did she say about our boy?! I'm gonna get her!
    It was ODD! Something about he was slow? She DID like him; and Mrs. P is right, Johnny was far more enthusiastic I think, like Matilda said, the problem was the three analysts rather than the usual two. If it were only two as usual, maybe Tara could've elaborated what she meant and I would have understood.

Rinkside
    I really enjoy Tara and Johnny, and I would not place either one higher than the other. They both bring good comments, and compliment each other.

Custom Title
    One other thing that bothered me about NBC's Sunday broadcast: I could barely hear the music. Then, after I turned up the volume to hear the music, the commentators would start talking and their voices would be blasting away at full volume. That really made the entire "broadcast" of this sports event sound/feel fake, as if Terry, Tara and Johnny were sitting around a table chatting and in the background a video of the latest GP event was running. I like Terry but Tara and Johnny can join the club of former competitive skaters I don't care to listen to (give me Paul W., Susie W., Judy B., please).

Custom Title
    I have pretty much given up on NBC's coverage of the Grand Prix of Ladies and Men only. I tape it and fast forward to only those I care to watch. Still no mention of Pairs with US winning a rare bronze medal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2