Who will take over as the leaders after this season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who will take over as the leaders after this season

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's hard to predict the future, but my money is on Elena Radionova for the ladies.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Why does everybody assume Chan will retire after this season, especially if he wins the OGM? I figure it started with a line or two from his interviews pre Vancouver Olympics.

Chan is only 22 and he has evolved since 4 years ago. He might have thought winning an OGM was the ultimate for an athlete, especially for a Canadian male figure skater but it seems to me his mind has evolved and he is much more devoted to figure skating now with a desire to make an impact in the sport. He will be just 23 and if he has indeed cultivated the relaxed and confident mindset, he may just be more challenged than ever to raise the bar. He may want to know how far he can go and much much he can achieve and dominate. He may enjoy the experience and find it fun.

The main reasons he may retire would be for his higher education and his stated wish to retire at the top. So it depends much on what he considers his career peak.

I say there are quite a few motivational factors for Chan to continue after this quad, whether or not he will compete in the next Olympics.

I will look out for head explosions.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Why does everybody assume Chan will retire after this season, especially if he wins the OGM? I figure it started with a line or two from his interviews pre Vancouver Olympics.

Chan is only 22 and he has evolved since 4 years ago. He might have thought winning an OGM was the ultimate for an athlete, especially for a Canadian male figure skater but it seems to me his mind has evolved and he is much more devoted to figure skating now with a desire to make an impact in the sport. He will be just 23 and if he has indeed cultivated the relaxed and confident mindset, he may just be more challenged than ever to raise the bar. He may want to know how far he can go and much much he can achieve and dominate. He may enjoy the experience and find it fun.

I say there are quite a few motivational factors for Chan to continue after this quad, whether or not he will compete in the next Olympics.

I will look out for head explosions.

you make it sound like Chan is a groundbreaking skater

with Yan and Yuzu he will be feeling the pressure, he doesn't have the mindset of Yuna to start with
any medal in Sochi will do for him, what does Cahn want to prove anyways ? he is not some sort of a legendary skater
that needs to stick around for another quad, next quad you will be seeing most men jump 3 quads in the LP

Chan wont be coming back next year same for Virtue and Moir
which I dont mind tbh

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Chan is a ground breaking skater.

I believe Han Yan will be the next dominant male skater.

Voir will retire after two Olympic medals, being a little older than Chan as well even though there is more longevity in Ice Dance.

Eta that Voir will likely retire after 3 Olympic medals after Sochi, possibly all gold.

daphna

On the Ice
I hope Ashley sticks around post Sochi. she's made an amazing improvement and has come such a long way in the past 2-3 years (she used to dbl foot EVERYTHING), she could win worlds more than once after the likes of Carolina, Mao and Kim are gone.

spikydurian

Medalist
skyfly said:
I guess Osmond will be there too next quad if she stops landing on her butt all the time

on a good side: what I'm expecting next quad after hopefully a retirement of Chan and V/M for good
for 2014-2018

I would delighted if Patrick continues skating after Sochi because I like to watch the sky falls. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: