Should Ashley skip the GPF | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Should Ashley skip the GPF

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No.
They held down caro pcs and goe. They wouldnt have any problem pulling ahsley pcs and goe lower

Hello, look at what happened

Woulda, coulda. The numbers don't lie. Ashley wins this event if she skates like she did before.

EricRohmer

On the Ice
Ashley would have won COR, based on her scores at SA and TEB.

No.
Judges did not hesitate to put Lipni ahead(overall) of Caro who has multiple Worlds medals and great SS.
Wagner is not a Worlds medalist and IMO Wagner is slower than Lipni.

CarneAsada

Medalist
No.
Judges did not hesitate to put Lipni ahead(overall) of Caro who has multiple Worlds medals and great SS.
Wagner is not a Worlds medalist and IMO Wagner is slower than Lipni.
Caro also skated worse than Wagner, who didn't make any mistakes as costly as Caro's at her two events.

EricRohmer

On the Ice
Caro also skated worse than Wagner, who didn't make any mistakes as costly as Caro's at her two events.

After SP scoring at COR(if Wagner had competed here), Wagner's LP performance might have been different from SA & TEB's.

And Wagner's total scores were 193(SA) & 194(TEB). Both somewhat overscored.
These are scores on which judges at COR can make to 190.5 (vs Lipni's 190.8) without difficulty.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Wagner slower than Julia!?! I don't think so.

Wagner was not overscored in those two events. In Skate America many felt she was underscored compared to Mao. Given that she is now doing a triple-triple and only made minor errors her scores should be atleast as high as they were.

bump

Match Penalty
I don't think she should skip the GPF, but I don't think she really has much of a chance of medaling in Sochi unless Yu-na, Mao or Julia bomb their programs.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whether of not the judges will give Lip higher PCS than Ashley is speculation. Whether Ashley's scores this season are highe than Lip's at CoR is fact.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Ashley looks really strong this season! I think Julia can compete with her only if clean. And the PCS cushion will evaporate as soon as she loses her consistency - I think that's what the judges love about her now. Otherwise, I want to have a good competition in the GPF so I wish all the skaters the best in their preparations to it.