Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Have outfits simply gone over the top?

Custom Title

Poor Adelina. She is a lovely skater, but that dress is just...

Banned
    That outfit looks gross. Have to say she looks like a gladiator wearing a g-string. Not what I would call elegant at all.

But in general there is nothing wrong with flesh colored tights when worn with a beautiful and properly cut dress. Often they provide the best look for most mature and refined outfits.

Custom Title
    I think this thread has gone over the top! Skating should be about skating and the discussion about the costumes should be limited. As far as the costumes go they should be different. And not something that could be bought at Macy's.

I don't see anything offensive in Adelina's dress. Yes there is some illusion of fabric. But once you know that there shouldn't be any complains.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    I think this thread has gone over the top! Skating should be about skating and the discussion about the costumes should be limited. As far as the costumes go they should be different. And not something that could be bought at Macy's.

I don't see anything offensive in Adelina's dress. Yes there is some illusion of fabric. But once you know that there shouldn't be any complains.
    She's a young girl wearing something that hints heavily at nudity. I think that is plenty offensive enough.

Also, if it's related to skating, there is no reason we shouldn't discuss it here. Costumes even are part of the score (impression) and thus are important.

Michelle Kwan's first costume (the red version), from Michelle's twitter page

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbT25ssCQAAdHFy.jpg

Custom Title
    In the same vein: Kiira Korpi and her sister in 1993. This is so very Finnish--both the outfits and the surface

http://instagram.com/p/h0nlYJEAR4/#

Tripping on the Podium
    I hate a lot of the costumes these days.

One of the things that bugged me with Weir's 2010 costume was it was so overdone it looked like he was trying to do a comedy tour number joking about the effeminate side of skating, but the music was completely serious.

Did it end up getting a costume deduction? I can't remember.

Costumes are judged and I have to say of the Russian girls, only Julia looks age and program appropriate.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14