Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Have outfits simply gone over the top?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Adelina's costume for her LP this year is inappropriate. I can literally see her butt crack, and believe me, I am not trying to. It is literally not avoidable.
    Agreed. It looks like a negligee, and that silhouette is awful.

Custom Title
    Regarding Adelina's LP dress, yes, it is totally a disaster. She looked like wearing a see-through with no underwear. Very inappropriate for any age, let alone a young girl. In addition, it isn't flattering.

Hanyu needs to dump that LP dress. Patrick Chan's LP shirt is unflattering and the embellishment does not embellish. I like his 2012 LP and shirt better. Han Yan's both costumes need overhaul. The SP's does not fit the character he tried to portrait, some kind of street wears may be better . The LP one is not Waltzy if that's a word. He should have a classic shirt like the ones in old movies that can showoff his speed or a stylish tuxedo.

I like P/B's costume. Love the Russian dancers' black swan costumes and their program, by far the second best after D/W's FD to me. Like V/T's SP custume and P/T's LP
    's. P/T's SP costume are pretty but just a bit too heavy, and I don't like P's messy hair do.

OK, I don't like Caro's costumes, especially the LP. The SP see-through is not bad, but just so so.

Custom Title
    I would actually like Patrick's LP shirt more if he were wearing an undershirt under it. Both outfits of his are fairly understated considered the costumey, glittery neon messes we're seeing everywhere. I'm wondering if it's deliberate, where he's essentially saying look at my skating and not what I'm wearing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    Elena Radionova is a cute girl. I don't understand why her people feel obliged to costume her like a street walker.
    I was thinking more "drunk AND stoned Mardi Gras lemon" myself...

And I want to rip that blue glove off Anna P and burn it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    This. So much.

Custom Title
    It's funny; this thread reminded me of a comment about one of Tara Lipinski's outfits, which I vaguely recall as a long-sleeved lacy dress. While it was entirely appropriate for her age at the time, it was on the fussy side, and one writer described it something like this: "I am going to my first communion, and I intend to yodel."

So you can't please everyone, no matter what you do.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    It's funny; this thread reminded me of a comment about one of Tara Lipinski's outfits, which I vaguely recall as a long-sleeved lacy dress. While it was entirely appropriate for her age at the time, it was on the fussy side, and one writer described it something like this: "I am going to my first communion, and I intend to yodel."

Olympia, can you imagine what kinds of comments these costumes would get on Project Runway? There seems to be some law that at least 85% of all Russian skating costumes must exhibit a certain level of tackiness. And they want to get rid of gay men! Coincidence? I think not...

By the way, you may not know but Project Runway veteran Nick Verreos has been critiquing the costumes of all the Grand Prix skaters on his blog here: http://nickverrreos.blogspot.com/

Custom Title
    There seems to be some law that at least 85% of all Russian skating costumes must exhibit a certain level of tackiness.
    And what's with every Russian girl wearing gloves? Did Putin put out some sort of national edict, or what?

Custom Title
    I was thinking more "drunk AND stoned Mardi Gras lemon" myself...

Speaking of gloves...does anyone know why Adelina is wearing tan gloves in her LP? Just...why?

Custom Title
    The young Russian girls look like someone sewed some random strips of fabric to a skirt and called it a day, not a good look. B/S look like your stereotypical Russian ice dancers from the 90's, with the shredded fabric and OTT emoting. I don't know, maybe it's the Olympic year? Even Meryl and Charlie, who are usually more subdued in costuming, have gone OTT.

On the other end of the spectrum, R/T's costumes are bland as bland can me, and have absolutely nothing to do with Phantom of The Opera. At least W/P and D/W dressed the part when they skated to Phantom.

Custom Title
    How would you guys compare Adelina FS costume with Elizaveta's Oskana Domina hand me down outfit at 2012 GPF?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Bwahahahhaa - those yellow pants have their own twitter account. But - Yes, the costumes for the most part are OTT. I think the Japanese have been the most flagrant in the past with some of the women's costumes (Miki Ando - blechhh) but Hanyu's costumes are just blechhh. Plus I swear my thigh is bigger than that boy's body and I'm not overweight. He's sooooo slight. I've never much liked Kostner's costumes but her LP isn't bad. I love Gracie's LP and I think Ashley's dress for TEB was beautiful. Akiko Suzuki always has a beautiful dress, very classy.

Hanyu's "dress or some odd shredded corset thing" just made me LOL. So true! So true!
    I am not sure if it is a Japanese thing but Dai and Hanyu and company look like they fought with Jackson Pollock and Edward Scissorhead with a few rabid cats thrown in for good measure and lost! Dramatic I suppose? Vera Wang - not.People control your urge to roll around in sequins and sharp knives. It is not a good look. And control your urge to wear yellow pants for some reason I think you are wearing depends under those things.

Custom Title
    Forgot to say that I love Julia L's red coat costume and the program. I bet this would be the Russian girl on the podium or even steal the show in Sochi.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

Hysterical...only MK never missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Srin Odessa View Post
    How would you guys compare Adelina FS costume with Elizaveta's Oskana Domina hand me down outfit at 2012 GPF?
    equally trashy.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast