Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Which ladies -USA -deserve Sochi?

Which ladies -USA -deserve Sochi?

Ash, Grace ,Sam.

will Sam get recognized at nationals? do the judges prefer hicks, agnes, mirai?

Custom Title
    As much as I have a fondness for Mirai, I think she's lost her competitive edge. I think it's going to be Ashley/Gracie (not sure who will be first or second) and Sam. Sam did an awesome job at TEB and I hope the Nat judges score her favorably. I don't think Agnes should even be considered - sorry to say. She's just not a competitor and I would honestly not want her representing us at the Olys.

Custom Title
    Ashley and Gracie for sure, although I am not a big Gold fan.

I adore Mirai too, but I don't think she can do it. Even when she skates "clean" she gets so many UR calls.

The 3rd spot was Christina Gao's until her debacle at TEB. I LOVED Sam this weekend! I don't trust Agnes to deliver, and I just can't bear the idea of watching Hicks at the Olympics- no basic skating skills and no artistry. How about Polina Edmunds? She is a highly lauded junior making her senior nationals debut. Why not send a bright future prospect who has triple triples and good choreography?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PzAhGwBBz8

Polina in Minsk, Junior Grand Prix in Sept. She's lovely but Sam could better handle Oly, I think, Polina is too too green.

Can someone who know's cesrio's skating critique her progeams, her skill and if she will have merit here in Jan. and with world judges? Opinions on Sam please?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    She seems to compete well- a huge plus. She gets UR calls, but didn't so much at TEB. I love her skating. And the first place US girl is unsure of a medal at the Olympics-the theird place US girl is just along for the ride. I'd like it to be Sam, but she's not going to medal. USFS should send the 3rd place girl from Nationals.

Custom Title
    So far I am also going with Ashley, Gracie and Cesario. Maybe Cesario will have better scoring potential with the 3 loop/ 3 toe. I have GAO in 4th, hicks 5th.

The third place skater is going to be very important. It has to be someone who can back up Ashley or Gracie if for some reason they can't skate in the team competition. One of them may not be able to skate and may need to rest for a few days. I feel like Sam or maybe GAO could do that. Courtney could to but she is just not going to score well. I would not trust Agnes to skate and Mirai will get called for UR if she does skate well. I have felt for years that Mirai was burnt out. She should have taken a year off after the Olympics.

I don't think they will give Polina a chance. She will be sent to world juniors for sure.

Custom Title
    If they score Agnes like they did last year the other ladies have no chance for that third spot. She almost won the SP with a fall.

If the judges score everyone like international judges do, then maybe Hicks, Gao or Cesario can get the spot. I like Hick's chances because she can get so many more points on the jumps, but she can't have a bad program like she did at SC.

Tripping on the Podium
    Ashley, gold and Czisny... I still hope a stunning comeback from Czisny... or Cesario will go

Nothing against Cesario, she sells her programs very well..... But skating in a competition with the top ladies, Kim Yuna, Mao Asada, Carolina, Akiko, Gracie and Ahsley to name a few, you will see how weak her skating skills can be. In Paris, she was slow. But if she gives the performace of her life at nationals do send her

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    But skating in a competition with the top ladies, Kim Yuna, Mao Asada, Carolina, Akiko, Gracie and Ahsley to name a few, you will see how weak her skating skills can be. In Paris, she was slow. But if she gives the performace of her life at nationals do send her
    I agree with you. The third skater will absolutely not factor into the medals at Sochi so it may as well be the person who earns it at Nationals.

Custom Title
    Ashely and Gracie for sure, since they are the two who earned three spots for the US. And the 3rd at this moment, pretty clear Sam: she has an amazing style, good looking lines (which Agnes does not have) and with her limited international or even national competitions, she showed that she can handle the pressure and being consistent.

which ones deserve it? the ones who prove their strength this season.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luisARG View Post
    Ashley, gold and Czisny... I still hope a stunning comeback from Czisny... or Cesario will go
    This. If Czisny can do a beautiful SP and a beautiful LP with 3 Triples, a couple double axels, and a couple double lutzes, then I think she deserves to go. Otherwise Cesario is definitely the best choice. She consistently does clean 6-Triple LP's with more choreographic interest than any of the other remaining ladies.

Custom Title
    I fear that if Agnes nails the SP at nationals she will score over 60 plus. So, for her LP she could hit a few triple jumps and a couple of double axel and make the team. The SP could seal the deal for her. Cesario scored around 56 and GAO scored around 58 at TEB in the SP. That may be too much ground for them to make up in the LP. Agnes may not have to do much more then she usually does to make the team.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast